Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't stand on chairs

Re: Don't stand on chairs

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander
    Hmm...the American way, just sue someone.

I'm going to the orthopedic doctor today. I'm on some prescription pain killer, but all it does is make me sleepy. I tried to watch a football game yesterday, but slept through most of it.
    I don't need a prescription pain killer to make me sleep through football games.

But maybe if I went to my Dr and told him I'm a Brown's fan he'd prescribe me some. Maybe Darvecet?
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Sorry to hear this, ORH. On the bright side... they say "time heals all wounds" ; Tesla used to sing a song called "It's Getting Better" ; sticks and chairs can break your bones, but words will never hurt you.

Believe it or not, I have broken a bone 13 different times in my life (one bone at a time). Each time the darn bone healed just right and I was as good as new in 4-8 weeks. It is just those simple things that we take for granted and never seem to appreciate that'll drive you nuts over the next month or so.

Take care and try to lay off those narcotics!
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    It is just those simple things that we take for granted and never seem to appreciate that'll drive you nuts over the next month or so.
    Tell me about it. My wife has to help me get dressed in the morning and I can't get the arm wet, so she's been helping me with the showers as well. Typing, cooking, putting on my watch, putting on and taking off clothes, and just getting comfortable enough to sleep in the bed are all a major chore.

Tell me about it. My wife has to help me get dressed in the morning and I can't get the arm wet, so she's been helping me with the showers as well. Typing, cooking, putting on my watch, putting on and taking off clothes, and just getting comfortable enough to sleep in the bed are all a major chore.
    Just think of it as practice for old age.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

So next time you need to reach something, think twice before you use a kitchen chair. At least it was my left arm. I'd hate to have to change my screen name for the next six weeks.
    Stood on 3 different chairs this week taking down/putting up curtains, drapes, etc.

Some men you just can't reach ...

GL

Surgery scheduled tomorrow. Bone chip in the cartilage.

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck
    Chili- should he sue the chair maker and the drill company?

ORH- Be careful with the Tylenol 3...
    All kidding aside, a lot o people sue. They almost never win. We were told by our torts professor that using chairs for their non-intended purpose (standing on them) is pretty much an absolute bar to liability.
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Surgery scheduled tomorrow. Bone chip in the cartilage.
    That's just awful. Get well and don't let this ruin your holidays, if you can help it.
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

Yikes, sorry to hear that, ORH ... hopefully it heals correctly and quickly.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili
    All kidding aside, a lot o people sue. They almost never win. We were told by our torts professor that using chairs for their non-intended purpose (standing on them) is pretty much an absolute bar to liability.
    So does that mean you actually asked your professor and spent tuition getting an answer, or is one of the tort class lectures called, "Chair manufacturer liability; does an accident victim have a leg to stand on?".

Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Hope the surgery went well. I was actually glad to hear you were having surgery. No I have nothing against you!! As a seasoned joint breaker, I think they need to go in there and take a good look around.

Keep those drugs in your system for the first few days post op. Trust me on this one.

The doc said the surgery went ok. He removed a piece of bone and inserted a screw. So I guess I just got screwed by the health care system. I'm home today popping pain killers and the pain is still pretty bad. I hope it eases up soon.

Turn Off Ads?