Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OSU-Michigan Prediction Thread

OSU-Michigan Prediction Thread

The game will begin at 1 p.m. and be televised by ABC Sports to 70 percent of the country while ESPN will televise the game to the other 30 percent of the nation.

With last year's win, Tressel moved to 3-1 in his career vs. Michigan, becoming the second coach at Ohio State to start his career 3-1 vs. the Wolverines. Former head coach Earle Bruce started 3-1 vs. Michigan from 1979-82. Francis Schmidt started 4-0 vs. the Wolverines from 1934-37.

I say he goes to 4-1.

24-13 OSU.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: OSU-Michigan Prediction Thread

Michigan and Ohio State are not the same teams today that we were laughing at and crying over early in the season.

Michigan lost to three suspect teams and beat one very good Penn St. team on a fluke success in the last seconds or second. Michigan successes have came mainly against teams with four or more losses.

Ohio St on the other hand played several teams, 6-7 teams that were in and out of the top 25 all season, a tougher schedule than USC or Texas had and lost by 3pts to the number two team and by 7 points to another very solid number 6 team, both losses could have been victories with the exception of one or two plays or a coach and quarterback at that time that was unclear on who's at first, what's on third etc. and clearly defeated all the rest while improving weekly on offense, defense and special teams.

Ohio State should win by a higher score than we initially think as long as Smith does not pass or fumble the ball to Michigan too much.
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 11-13-2005 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Omitted sentence

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    The game will begin at 1 p.m. and be televised by ABC Sports to 70 percent of the country while ESPN will televise the game to the other 30 percent of the nation.
    Can Columbus please be in the 30% on ESPN so we don't have to listen to Brent Musberger....please?

I think OSU will roll over UM. Our offense is really starting to click and as long as Troy Smith has a solid performance, it should continue the streak of 5 straight games with 35+ points. Troy Smith usually seems to do better later in the season, and the defense seems to show up for big games, and with Tressel preaching the whole peak for the Michigan game, I feel confident about our chances. My prediction is 38-17 Bucks.

got alil captain in u?

OSU by 14 as we again torment chad henne and make his day a bad one hawk and company in their final michigan game leave with a great performance osu-21 mich-7

I really have no idea what to expect from this game this year. Both teams are so schizophrenic that anything could happen.

My one prediction is that I will be there in the student section at the Big House right on the goal line.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I predict ohio state fans will be losing sleep this week even though they are the superior team - which means nothing in this game. OSU fans like to think the sky is always falling for some reason or another.

Tressel has had Carr's number lately and he's won in the Big House before, but in the interest of giving fans a complex, I won't make a prediction.
    Last edited by paintmered; 11-13-2005 at 07:42 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Sure, the Buckeyes are better this year, but it's in Ann Arbor and neither team is all that great. I woldn't be surprised to see a very low scoring game, something like 13-10.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I hope it's a tie. I don't like either team

I know there are no ties in college foot ball.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Michigan 20
    Ohio State 17

Breaston scores two TD's.

Someone will lose
    Go Gators!

You REALLY hate the Buckeyes, don't you OBM? It's OK. You've got lots of company.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I'll predict a 24-7 win for the Scarlet and Gray.

To stir the pot a little more, my crystal ball shows a big day from Hawk and Carpenter holding the Wolverines to a single TD. While the Buckeyes special teams AND defense EACH offset that TD total with one of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    I really have no idea what to expect from this game this year. Both teams are so schizophrenic that anything could happen.

My one prediction is that I will be there in the student section at the Big House right on the goal line.
    Next year, if you want to go to a game at OSU, all we need to do is go tailgating with some friends of mine and we'll get tickets guaranteed. These buddies of mine do it every weekend. My neighbor across the street went to every home game this year, and bought his tix using that method.

Get this - he bought 4 tickets for the Texas game, while tailgating, at face value.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21
    Can Columbus please be in the 30% on ESPN so we don't have to listen to Brent Musberger....please?
    Me too. But that ain't gonna happen. Personally, I like listening to Keith Jackson.

One of the worst that I hate listening to is Randy Cross. The guy is a dunderhead!

I hope OSU wins by a lot because my friend and I have tickets and I'm pretty sure I'm not sitting next to any OSU fans.

Turn Off Ads?