Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: OSU-Michigan Prediction Thread

Re: OSU-Michigan Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Who isn't excited about Ducks vs Beavers?
    98% of the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    btw - isn't this Oregon-Oregon State weekend?
    I think, that's their regional poison, I'm a transplant... it's also the Big Game weekend in The Bay Area.. another all time snoozer to everyone but the regional fans.

This arrogant OSU fan of close to 40 years says that the Bucks will win.

I agree with MWM to a point - that I have been disappointed with Tressel's offensive scheme at times (though I don't want to see him removed from the job). They lost to two good teams this year in Texas and Penn State; but IMo, Tressel cost them those games which they should/could have won.

But when it comes to Michigan, Tressel understands the seriousness of this game/rivalry, and has the guys prepared to give their all.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Who isn't excited about Ducks vs Beavers?
    I'll be watching that game. I love Pac-10 football. The Ducks starting QB this week, Dennis Dixon, was drafted by the Reds two years ago. He looks like he will be a star down the road.

The Ducks could sneak into a BCS bowl with a win vs Oregon State. But, they will probably screw Oregon and give it to a Big-12 school and screw another more deserving team Re: 2000 Washington, 2001 Oregon, 2003 USC.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27
    So the way a few "fans" act after a loss speaks for all OSU fans?
    Oh, it's not just after a loss. Here's how they behave after a win...and it's not just a few fans...and this doesn't happen everywhere:

Police reviewed video footage Monday to try to identify more people who overturned and burned cars and pelted officers with bottles and rocks after Ohio State's football victory over Michigan.

Fans set more than 100 street fires that started minutes after a 14-9 win Saturday, police said. The Buckeyes completed an unbeaten regular season and clinched a spot in a national championship game.
    That was from 2002. If I recall the scene wasn't much better after their Fiesta Bowl victory over Miami.

If you go further back, Woody Hayes quit the Notre Dame series because the violence it brought on to High Street was too much to bear.

Ohio State has had a history of this sort of stuff for a long time.

When I was a student there you were well advised not to go party on High Street after a big Ohio State game without body armour.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    When I was a student there you were well advised not to go party on High Street after a big Ohio State game without body armour.
    Use to go down to High Street all the time. Ran into Joe Walsh and Nick Nolte once. Use to go down to the place called the Algora, where you could see alot of various old time bands (Steppenwolf, etc). I also went to quite a few of the frat parties back then (especially during game week). Yes, there was alot of partying going on, people getting rowdy, and some going nuts - but not once did I feel threatened, nor have to wear body armour. And I wasn't a student, nor alumni either.

What you are saying/describing, as far as attitude/behavior, can be said by a majority of colleges. OSU is no different, nor worse. We could all sight examples on a consistent basis where this kind of stuff goes on all over the place - Wisconsin, Michigan, LSU, Ohio University...you name the college campus.

As one from the older generation I don't condone it, and even look down upon it... but to try and single out OSU as one of the worst -that is simply your opinion, and maybe you had a bad experience or something. But it's not the rule.
    Last edited by GAC; 11-15-2005 at 09:20 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    What you are saying/describing, as far as attitude/behavior, can be said by a majority of colleges. OSU is no different, nor worse. We could all sight examples on a consistent basis where this kind of stuff goes on all over the place - Wisconsin, Michigan, LSU, Ohio University...you name the college campus.
    I could not disagree more! This kind of stuff does not go on everywhere "on a consistent basis". It is really quite rare. How often does a campus burn 100 cars after beating its arch rival? I'm not even talking national championship here. How often does Ann Arbor burn down after beating Ohio State? Auburn after beating Alabama? It is exceedingly rare, thankfully.

Lot of higher scoring predictions than I would've guessed. I honestly can't see Michigan putting up more than about 10 points on the Buckeyes the way their defense is playing right now. I can't see OSU keeping up their 40 point a game pace either, but something like 23-10 sounds about right.

Use to go down to High Street all the time.
    Steppenwolf?

They broke up 34 years ago GAC.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Steppenwolf?

They broke up 34 years ago GAC.
    And your point is?
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    And your point is?
    That Columbus after the game is different now as opposed to then?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Use to go down to the place called the Algora, where you could see alot of various old time bands (Steppenwolf, etc).
    Just a small nit...

It was called the Agora. I spent many a misbegotten hour there in my college days.

And to date myself, I saw Bob Seger there about 50 times before he got big (at least for a while). Saw tons of bands there (Blue Oyster Cult, Todd Rundgren, NRPS, the Dead, Genesis, Roland Kirk, Bruce Springsteen, Miles Davis, James Gang, the Nuge, MC5, blah blah).

And they were new bands then (circa 1972-75). Remember, someday, the new current hip cool stuff you're listening to now will be on a classic rock station. Age happens to everyone. What a drag it is getting old.

On on topic, OSU 31 MU 17.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    That Columbus after the game is different now as opposed to then?
    Did they even serve alcohol when GAC was up there? Wasn't Prohibition still law then?
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    I could not disagree more! This kind of stuff does not go on everywhere "on a consistent basis". It is really quite rare. How often does a campus burn 100 cars after beating its arch rival? I'm not even talking national championship here. How often does Ann Arbor burn down after beating Ohio State? Auburn after beating Alabama? It is exceedingly rare, thankfully.
    Not that I'm condoing car burning or anything..but it was 9 cars..not 100. Also of the people that were arrested after that more than half of them were not Ohio State students.
    There were no riots after the Miami game. That could have had to do with the fact that school wasn't in...but still no riots.

All big schools have big parties that can sometimes get out of control. I'm sorry you had a bad experiance. Most people don't. Quit trashing my school.

I'll make a prediction now.

OSU 42
    Michigan 27

Michigan 23
    OSU- 17
    School's out. What did you expect?

Turn Off Ads?