Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: OSU-Michigan Prediction Thread

Re: OSU-Michigan Prediction Thread

My prediction Ohio State 31 Michigan 20. As an Ohio State fan this game does worry me. If Ohio State can avoid big turnovers they should win. By the way here is the early weather forecast for Saturday in Ann Arbor. Chance of rain and snow showers. High of 40.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander
    I predict that the team that scores the most points will win the game. I also accurately predicted that a horse would win the Kentucky Derby. I'm never wrong.
    Daring
    Go Gators!

MWM, to tell you the truth, I don't really have anything to prove that Tressel is a cheater. I had remember reading somewhere that Tressel had supposedly gotton Youngstown State into a lot of trouble. Guess I shouldn't let facts get in the way of a good rant, eh?

But, seriously, you guys should forgive me for having a bad impression of Buckeye fans. Read the Bucknuts board. There are a handful of good posters on there but the rest are serious homers. I know that every team - even the Reds - has their share of arrogant or homer fans, but it seems the OSU group gets to me more. Probably because I personally know a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic
    My prediction Ohio State 31 Michigan 20. As an Ohio State fan this game does worry me. If Ohio State can avoid big turnovers they should win. By the way here is the early weather forecast for Saturday in Ann Arbor. Chance of rain and snow showers. High of 40.
    I always root for at least clouds for The Game. Ohio State-Michigan should be played in chilly temperatures with overcast skies, if not rain/snow. There is just something wrong with playing the Ohio State-Michigan game in 60 degrees and sunshine.

Maybe it's just me.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

OBM, no need to apologize for hating a certain team. Heaven knows, I have plenty that I don't like. It's part of what makes being a sports fan fun. It would be boring if there were no OSU haters out there. Stand tall and be proud in your hatred. It's OK. Just don't let that hatred allow you to draw conclusions about the program that you wouldn't draw if it was a program you liked.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Many of the top ten teams roll up scores against weaker defenses, that is true of USC, Texas, Miami, Virginia Tech, Alabama, Penn St. Georgia and Oregon, so it becomes no surprise that when they do run into a defense on a team that can play some offense an "alleged" upset occurs. In this case Michigan has played some of the same teams that Ohio State has and struggled where Ohio State was able to excel.

I really don't think Ohio State will lay down for Michigan and I don't think they will have any real problem with them. Michigan lost those games and played the other games close for a reason.

[php]Sat, Sep 3 Northern Illinois W 33-17
    Sat, Sep 10 (6) Notre Dame L 10-17
    Sat, Sep 17 Eastern Michigan W 55-0
    Sat, Sep 24 at (25) Wisconsin L 20-23
    Sat, Oct 1 at Michigan State W 34-31
    Sat, Oct 8 Minnesota L 20-23
    Sat, Oct 15 (5) Penn State W 27-25
    Sat, Oct 22 at Iowa W 23-20
    Sat, Oct 29 at Northwestern W 33-17
    Sat, Nov 12 Indiana W 41-14

Sat, Sep 3 Miami (OH) W 34-14
    Sat, Sep 10 (2) Texas L 22-25
    Sat, Sep 17 San Diego State W 27-6
    Sat, Sep 24 Iowa W 31-6
    Sat, Oct 8 at (5) Penn State L 10-17
    Sat, Oct 15 Michigan State W 35-24
    Sat, Oct 22 at Indiana W 41-10
    Sat, Oct 29 at Minnesota W 45-31
    Sat, Nov 5 Illinois W 40-2
    Sat, Nov 12 Northwestern W 48-7

[/php]

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    That's OK. Uneducated "opinions" are one of America's favorite pastimes. I'm sure you've been all over the nation to share sports bars with most other fans in the country so that you're able to develop such an opinion. Your opinion of Buckeye fans is just as well-informed as your opinon about Michigan admissions policies.
    I'm sure you have evidence that your opinion is more educated than mine.

As for Michigan's admission policies it is all public knowlege. It was articulated very clearly at the US Supreme Court and the Michigan Law School scores admissions points for being a certain race. That's well documented. Nothing is more racist than that. I know of UM graduates who no longer give because of such policies.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander
    Maybe some fans, but don't paint us all with that broad brush. There are some stupid Reds fans as well, but that doesn't reflect negatively on the team. Every team has their share of classless fans.
    Absolutely not all fans. You are right on there!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    I know of UM graduates who no longer give because of such policies.
    Let the good old boys keep their money. The school is so much the better because of the diversity. Letting one person into an elite graduate program because they scored a few points higher on a standardized test, at the expense of a more quality learning experience that includes a diverse array of people, is foolish. It takes away from the quality of the education which is why these institutions exist. I would have never come here and the experience would have been much less rewarding if I sat in class with a bunch of white guys from the midwest. NO thanks. That's not real education.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Ohio State 15
    Michigan 9

or

Michigan 30
    Ohio State 7

or

Ohio State 40
    Michigan 27

One team will win, one will lose, and the loser's fan's are up in arms. I'm pulling for the Scarlet & Gray as usual. (Something about teams with "Red" in their colors & a resident of the state. GO BUCKS!)
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Let the good old boys keep their money. The school is so much the better because of the diversity. Letting one person into an elite graduate program because they scored a few points higher on a standardized test, at the expense of a more quality learning experience that includes a diverse array of people, is foolish. It takes away from the quality of the education which is why these institutions exist. I would have never come here and the experience would have been much less rewarding if I sat in class with a bunch of white guys from the midwest. NO thanks. That's not real education.
    Your opinion of Buckeye fans is just as well-informed as your opinon about Michigan admissions policies.
    I'm going to keep this brief so we can get back to sports.

You've told me nothing new about Michigan's admission policies so I guess I am pretty well informed. So by your standard, ditto for OSU fans.

Diversity is a noble goal indeed, but Michigan has resorted to racist tactics in order to achieve it. I think there are better (and yes more constitutional) ways to get there.

Poor white guys 20 Michigan 27 is my prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Poor white guys 20 Michigan 27 is my prediction.

woy...try again..who are the poor white guys?

btw - isn't this Oregon-Oregon State weekend?
    Last edited by Heath; 11-14-2005 at 06:42 PM.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Sea Ray, MWM:

Keep it away from the politics fellas.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    btw - isn't this Oregon-Oregon State weekend?
    Who isn't excited about Ducks vs Beavers?
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?