Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OSU-Michigan Prediction Thread

Re: OSU-Michigan Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    You REALLY hate the Buckeyes, don't you OBM? It's OK. You've got lots of company.

Two reasons:

1) Jim Tressel. Hate his style of play...and IIRC he was caught cheating at Youngstown State? I can't stand cheaters.

2) Arrogant fans. Not talking about the Buckeye fans on here because most of them on this board seem to be very knowledgeable, but the few I know think the Buckeyes are God's gift to earth. They're not.: I know every team has arrogant fans but these guys seem to be on another level.

So who are you rooting for this week, MWM?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21
    Can Columbus please be in the 30% on ESPN so we don't have to listen to Brent Musberger....please?
    Everyone will get ole Brent, ESPN's coverage will be the same broadcast.

Break out the drinking game.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Everyone will get ole Brent, ESPN's coverage will be the same broadcast.

Break out the drinking game.
    Ask and you shall receive.

http://www.fanblogs.com/ncaa/005660.php
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

utter pain for the maize and puke.

Bucks 27-13

In a game that is always a battle of the lines, OSU is better this year. That will be the difference, as it always is.

OSU fans are the worst. Last time OSU lost to Michigan they had a "Fire Jim Tressel" website up and running by midnight. The way they handled the TE and the QB after losing to Texas earlier in the year is more evidence to that end. Ohio State fans overrate their team just like the Big Ten is overrated.

I hate Michigan's liberal politics and discrimination of white people in its admissions but I will say their fans as classier.

By the way I am an OSU graduate.

So the way a few "fans" act after a loss speaks for all OSU fans?

What about the 50,000 or so fans that stayed and sang the alma mater and cheered their team off of the field for the effort they showed after that Texas game?

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27

What about the 50,000 or so fans that stayed and sang the alma mater and cheered their team off of the field for the effort they showed after that Texas game?
    Thats pretty cool. Stayed after the Northwestern game to sing along ... was pretty neat. I was Amazed that 50,000 or so were still there with the blowout and all.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    Ask and you shall receive.

http://www.fanblogs.com/ncaa/005660.php
    Thanks Pardner
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    OSU fans are the worst. Last time OSU lost to Michigan they had a "Fire Jim Tressel" website up and running by midnight. The way they handled the TE and the QB after losing to Texas earlier in the year is more evidence to that end. Ohio State fans overrate their team just like the Big Ten is overrated.

I hate Michigan's liberal politics and discrimination of white people in its admissions but I will say their fans as classier.
    I guess you haven't seen any of the "Fire Lloyd Carr" websites that Michigan fans have up and running.

Fans are fans. OSU or Michigan fans act, or are no different, then many of the Reds fans I see on here. We, as fans, have all the answers and need to be listened to more.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    Sure, the Buckeyes are better this year, but it's in Ann Arbor and neither team is all that great. I woldn't be surprised to see a very low scoring game, something like 13-10.
    I'm thinking it will be close too, but the Bucks will pull it out. It should be a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27

Doesn't speak for "all" fans but they do reflect poorly on the OSU fan base. I could go on because afterall as I said, I graduated from that place. I spent 4 years living with those characters.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    I guess you haven't seen any of the "Fire Lloyd Carr" websites that Michigan fans have up and running.

Fans are fans. OSU or Michigan fans act, or are no different, then many of the Reds fans I see on here. We, as fans, have all the answers and need to be listened to more.
    I don't agree with you there. I see differences in the fans of the St Louis Cardinals, Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Phillies, LA Dodgers and Cincinnati Reds.

I'll make my score/victor prediction later in the week, but I'll preface my thoughts now. I'm scared about this game. I get alot of 2004 vibes where Michigan came into Ohio Stadium with much more on the line than Ohio State. Ohio State had accumlated more losses than they were accustomed to. It was a bad year for Ohio State. The Buckeyes came out loose on their homefield with nothing to lose in terms of going to a better bowl game or not. They left it all on the field and waxed Michigan in every phase of the game.

I'm hoping that that scenerio is not reversed this year. Ohio State comes into this game with BCS hopes still alive. Michigan comes in with 3 losses. A 4 loss season is not acceptable in Ann Arbor. Michigan has no hopes of a BCS game. They will be able to come into this game very relaxed, just like Ohio State did a year ago. Ohio State has much more at stake than Michigan does.

Ohio State is the more talented team this year and is by far the most dangerous 2-loss team in the nation. What's done is done, but Ohio State very possibly could be 10-0 coming into this game and ranked number 2 in the country.

Michigan is very scary for the fact that they have not played thier best game of the season yet. Between Henne/Hart/Avant/Breaston they certainly have the potential to put points on the board. Thier run defense is so-so, so Tony Pittman is a big key for the Buckeyes.

I'm not ready to predict a winner yet, but all I know is it's Michigan Week!! There is no better week throughout the year than Michigan Week!!

What have you done to beat Michigan today?
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

I'm thinking the urine balloons at Penn State pushes their fanbase ahead of the OSU contingent.

As for predictions, I loathe predictions. Having said that, on paper Michigan has had difficulty with Smith in the past. OSU's offensive line looked inspired against NW (haven't seen them down field finishing blocks like that in years). Michigan has not seen a defense like Ohio State's this year. With all that said, none of that matters in this game. Particularly if Hart is healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    Michigan has no hopes of a BCS game.
    Sadly enough they actually do. If they win and Penn St. loses (admittedly a long shot against a rotten Michigan St. team) it would create a 3 way tie for the Big 10 title. Since Michigan would've defeated both Ohio St. and Penn St. they would win the tiebreaker and go. Of course this is all moot since they're not going to beat Ohio St., but for the record it is possible.

Turn Off Ads?