Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE wrestler Eddie Guerrero found dead

Re: WWE wrestler Eddie Guerrero found dead

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    And I'll venture a guess that Vince has no connections with steroid suppliers for his boys and/or girls...?!?!? Ask Roddy Piper.

Vince makes me think of a Rob Zombie song... "Scum of the Earth".
    Getting rid of Vince isn't going to stop the steroid problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Getting rid of Vince isn't going to stop the steroid problem.
    I agree, Chip. But there is no doubt that he "helped" many people get what they needed to keep themselves in the ring. And who knows about the pressure he and "his people" put on wrestlers to do this or your career is finished. But you are right. It is amazing that the Feds sit by and watch it happen. All the deaths and the obvious non-normal physiques.

bomarl1969

WBF...there is something I haven't heard about in a while. Amazing what joy wrestlers bring to a wrestling fan as kid, but you never knew what the consequences would be. I looked at that list and almost started crying. I really liked Ravishing Rick Rude, the Wrestlemania he defeated the Ultimate Warrior for the belt was one of my favorite memories.

Regarding Owen, I agree with the posts above.

I can also remember in the 80s having the biggest crush on Elizabeth.

I can't stand McMahon because of WrestleMania 18. Hogan was the heel and the Rock was the face, but it was obvious even before the match that the fans wanted Hogan to win, McMahon let the Rock win...you wouldn't allow Albert Pujols to defeat Babe Ruth.

Hawk - 46
    Heart attack
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by bomarl1969
    I can't stand McMahon because of WrestleMania 18. Hogan was the heel and the Rock was the face, but it was obvious even before the match that the fans wanted Hogan to win, McMahon let the Rock win...you wouldn't allow Albert Pujols to defeat Babe Ruth.
    Hogan spent 20 years no-selling and wrestling the same match. Has he ever wrestled an actual good match? As far as I'm concerned, Sid refusing to job for him and Jeff Jarrett laying down (literally) in the middle of the ring for him are his career highlights.

He ripped off Superstar Billy Graham's entire gimmick. He was lazy in the ring (thanks for your money folks, but all that posing wears me out). He spent his entire career making other guys look like punks so he could keep his top spot and his ego almost single-handedly ruined the WCW promotion. On top of that, the man's physique is 100% the creation of modern chemistry. Now he rolls back into the WWE from time to time to cash in and get himself over on someone who actually works for the fans.

Shawn Michaels cut a priceless promo on him leading up to their match this summer and the night after when the easy marks greeted Michaels with a "Hogan" chant, he shut 'em right quick with the following: "Oh, chant for him all you want, but you won't see him again until the next time he's looking for a big payday." Hogan had best be careful because if he expects to keep rolling in and demanding guys job for him, someone's going to shoot on that fake hip of his and leave him screaming in pain in the middle of the ring.

Thank God a guy who worked his tail off to deliver for the fans like Rock beat that slug at WM18.
    Last edited by M2; 01-29-2006 at 08:08 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Hogan spent 20 years no-selling and wrestling the same match. Has he ever wrestled an actual good match? As far as I'm concerned, Sid refusing to job for him and Jeff Jarrett laying down (literally) in the middle of the ring for him are his career highlights.
    I was watching the PPV at a friend's house when Jarrett laid down in the ring and gave him a pin.

One of the top-5 most surreal moments of watching wrestling I've ever had. I still, to this day, maintain that WCW would've been better off just ditching any pretense at having things be "real" and just make their TV show a reality/sports hybrid that focused on the drama going on backstage -- which was far more compelling reading online than ANYTHING they put on television.

The Vince Russo-era WCW was absolutely fascinating behind the scenes, horrid on camera.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    I was watching the PPV at a friend's house when Jarrett laid down in the ring and gave him a pin.

One of the top-5 most surreal moments of watching wrestling I've ever had. I still, to this day, maintain that WCW would've been better off just ditching any pretense at having things be "real" and just make their TV show a reality/sports hybrid that focused on the drama going on backstage -- which was far more compelling reading online than ANYTHING they put on television.

The Vince Russo-era WCW was absolutely fascinating behind the scenes, horrid on camera.
    I don't know if any of you have read this book but it's a great read not only about the WWE but WCW as well.

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com...cemcmahon.html
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Thank God a guy who worked his tail off to deliver for the fans like Rock beat that slug at WM18.
    Speaking of no selling.. Yeah he did work his ass off, and he's pretty damn good on the mic, though he's no Chris Jericho, or Eddie Guerrero for that matter, but he's the biggest no sell guy of all time. guy could get brutalized then have the energy to do that little flip to get to his feet. He wrestled the same match every time he set foot in the ring, and only added the sharpshooter because we were getting tired of the Peoples Elbow.

Bret Hart was great at selling a match, and HHH is to a certain extent, but only if the match is planned to go long. Now as far as over selling goes, look no further than John Cena.

Anyone else creeped out by the Boogeyman's gimmick? worm eating aside, the dude has a funky way of walking that is just odd. too bad his mic skills suck, cuz he has the body language.

Kurt Angle is a face again. what a surprise in an olympic year.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF
    Speaking of no selling.. Yeah he did work his ass off, and he's pretty damn good on the mic, though he's no Chris Jericho, or Eddie Guerrero for that matter, but he's the biggest no sell guy of all time. guy could get brutalized then have the energy to do that little flip to get to his feet. He wrestled the same match every time he set foot in the ring, and only added the sharpshooter because we were getting tired of the Peoples Elbow.

Bret Hart was great at selling a match, and HHH is to a certain extent, but only if the match is planned to go long. Now as far as over selling goes, look no further than John Cena.

Anyone else creeped out by the Boogeyman's gimmick? worm eating aside, the dude has a funky way of walking that is just odd. too bad his mic skills suck, cuz he has the body language.

Kurt Angle is a face again. what a surprise in an olympic year.
    No argument from me on the excellence of Hart/Eddie/Jericho or the suckitude of Cena.

I disagree about Rock. I always thought he took some unfair knocks. IMO he did a good job of hitting his signature moves, but mixing them up. He also knew his way around psychology. Maybe not to the extent of a Chris Benoit, who convinced everyone that he was really injured after the last Wrestlemania, but if somebody worked a body part on him, he'd bring that into the match. I understand the criticism that sometimes Rock was too fresh at the end of a grueling match, but he was a high energy guy and that's what made him different. It's what made him unique in a lot of ways. The guy put on a lot of great matches and no one ever had to carry him.

I love Boogey if for nothing other reason because he bit the mole off Jillian Hall's face, saving us all from a bad gimmick. Honestly, he shouldn't be in wrestling matches. That'll ruin him. Keep him for unsettling segues.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Yeah, Benoit had me convinced. He's the best worker out there now.

The way boogeyman walks to the ring is just unsettling. And I love the walking stick and the clock. To bad he has to speak.

Jericho needs to return from his vacation, as WWE has No one with any mic skills right now. Maybe Angle, but i always thought he was a bit stilted.

I caught Sting's goodbye speech Saturday night on TNA. He looks to be in good shape, but it seems a wierd move on their part for a farewell match on PPV. One and done. Another high energy guy. but high energy combined with the crow look never matched up for me. He did both well, but mixing the two was not a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF
    Yeah, Benoit had me convinced. He's the best worker out there now.
    I saw him and Steve (William) Regal work a match at the Brian Pillman memorial show here about 5 or so years ago. Absolutely incredible.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I saw him and Steve (William) Regal work a match at the Brian Pillman memorial show here about 5 or so years ago. Absolutely incredible.
    I was there, too...that was a great match. Regal bled a LOT.

I don't know if any of you have read this book but it's a great read not only about the WWE but WCW as well.

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com...cemcmahon.html

Meh. That book is ok. My only problem with it is it's to one sided. All the sources are so anti-Vince that you don't really know how much of it is true.

I would recommend "The Death of WCW" as a great book to read.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11
    Meh. That book is ok. My only problem with it is it's to one sided. All the sources are so anti-Vince that you don't really know how much of it is true.

I would recommend "The Death of WCW" as a great book to read.
    I liked it because it told a lot about the history of both organizations. When the NWA fell from it's exalted place and WCW took over it was a very confusing time. I'm not really anti-Vince so that stuff didn't really sway my opinion much.

I'll have to check that other book out.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I remember reading about that match. It's considered to be a top ten match of all time. Regal is a great worker too.

Rey Rey is headlining a Wrestlemania? 619! I'm betting he faces Angle and not Cena. Now that might be a 60 minute match.

Turn Off Ads?