Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE wrestler Eddie Guerrero found dead

Re: WWE wrestler Eddie Guerrero found dead

Quote Originally Posted by TRF
    Rey Rey is headlining a Wrestlemania? 619! I'm betting he faces Angle and not Cena. Now that might be a 60 minute match.
    I wasn't aware of that. Good for him. It's a helluva lot better than getting thrown into a trailer by Kevin Nash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Rey won the Rumble Sunday night I believe.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I only keep up with wrestling anymore through a newsletter and I haven't read the last issue or two.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I liked it because it told a lot about the history of both organizations. When the NWA fell from it's exalted place and WCW took over it was a very confusing time. I'm not really anti-Vince so that stuff didn't really sway my opinion much.

I'll have to check that other book out.
    Yeah, it's a good way to freshen up on history if you don't know much about it, and it gives a good description of the McMahon Steroid Trial, but I just didn't like the style.

"Death of WCW" is a great look into the shortcomings of the promotion. There are somethings that amazed me.

I only keep up with wrestling anymore through a newsletter and I haven't read the last issue or two.
    I'm a Torch man myself.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11
    Yeah, it's a good way to freshen up on history if you don't know much about it, and it gives a good description of the McMahon Steroid Trial, but I just didn't like the style.

"Death of WCW" is a great look into the shortcomings of the promotion. There are somethings that amazed me.
    I was just amazed at the amount of money they were losing. I know they paid these guys good money but they must have been throwing money down the toilet to lose that much money. Boggled my mind.[/quote]

I'm a Torch man myself.
    LEWD here. I feel kind of bad about not really watching it much any more because I am a fan of pro wrestling but my schedule is such that I really am not able to watch it that much any more. The newsletter's a good way to keep up with it and if there's a match on there that was really good, I'll catch it on the weekend.
    Last edited by Chip R; 02-01-2006 at 11:00 AM.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

bomarl1969

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Thank God a guy who worked his tail off to deliver for the fans like Rock beat that slug at WM18.
    Whether a person likes to admit it or not that "slug" is the reason wrestling became mainstream...

Quote Originally Posted by bomarl1969
    Whether a person likes to admit it or not that "slug" is the reason wrestling became mainstream...
    Sure, he was relevant once upon a time. So were Members Only jackets. Heck, in my mind Hulk Hogan, wearing a Members Only jacket and zebra-striped baggy pants, props up his Docksiders to sip a steroid-laced Bartles & Jaymes wine cooler while he appreciates the Keith Haring and Patrick Nagel posters that adorn his walls.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I don't know if anyone saw the Benoit/Finley match from last friday, but man those two can work.

Benoit's chops just scream pain. both sell pretty well too.

I read that they are planning another ECW PPV and Benoit and Dean Malenko have requested to work a match against each other as a tribute to Eddie Guerrero. If that happens it ought to be outstanding.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by TRF
    I don't know if anyone saw the Benoit/Finley match from last friday, but man those two can work.

Benoit's chops just scream pain. both sell pretty well too.

Wait wait wait...
    Fit Finley is back working? Please tell me that's true. If he is, I might have to start watching again. Some of my fondest memoires of the sport is watching Benoit, Fit, and Regal just knock the snot out of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I read that they are planning another ECW PPV and Benoit and Dean Malenko have requested to work a match against each other as a tribute to Eddie Guerrero. If that happens it ought to be outstanding.

VANILLA MIDGETS~! reunion!

Kick booty!

I'm just sorry I never got to see a Midgets vs Hollywood Blondes match. Would have been ***** easy (if given enough time)

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor
    VANILLA MIDGETS~! reunion!

Kick booty!

I'm just sorry I never got to see a Midgets vs Hollywood Blondes match. Would have been ***** easy (if given enough time)
    Check out some tape traders.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Fit is back, and the gimmick is... He's Fit Finley. WWE got that one right at least.

Every Friday on UPN!

He deserves a lot of the credit, no doubt about it. But the only people who knew about him before he came to the WWF were wrestling fans and people who saw him in Rocky III. He had the great look, the great gimmick and Vince to promote the hell out of him. I don't know if Vince would be where he is now without him and vice versa.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Wrong. Vince McMahon is the reason. There would have been no Hulk Hogan, no Steve Austin, no Rock, no anything without Vince.

As bad a person as he is, he made it big time.

Turn Off Ads?