Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Remote control toys

Remote control toys

When looking at remote control vehicles, 27 mhz and 49 mhz are the radio frequencies, right?

If I had 27 and 42 could they could race without interfering with each other?

We've never been able to race two of our toys together because one remote will control both cars/boats/trucks.

Do you guys recommend any reasonably priced Monster trucks or race cars? There are so many out there. We're still a little young and rough on them to go high end.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Remote control toys

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    When looking at remote control vehicles, 27 mhz and 49 mhz are the radio frequencies, right?

If I had 27 and 42 could they could race without interfering with each other?

We've never been able to race two of our toys together because one remote will control both cars/boats/trucks.

Do you guys recommend any reasonably priced Monster trucks or race cars? There are so many out there. We're still a little young and rough on them to go high end.

Theoretically. If the internal electronics were designed with any degree of competence, the other frequency should be filtered out.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I bought my 8 year old a remote control truck when he was about 5, and mastering the controller was too much for him, but that was more because he didn't want to learn it, I think. Mostly he would run and I chased him with it- that was what he wanted to do. I bet iof you look on amazon.com they have quite a few reviews that could help.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Are you trying to make us believe these remote control toys are for you?.... or Team Griffey?

Radio Shack has some pretty nice ones. And they could also help you out as far as any technical questions.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Are you trying to make us believe these remote control toys are for you?.... or Team Griffey?
    I enjoy them as much as he does.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

How about a slot car racing track where you can both play at the same time? I love'em!

Just let the boy win every once in awhile.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Good idea! Space is an issue. Hmmmm .... I'll have to think about that one.

Mount it on a piece of plywood, cut to fit of course, and when you're not playing it - slide it under the bed. You can even get inventive and paint it green and add various scenery/buildings.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Time trials around a slalom course on the driveway, using canned goods for the pylons, is a great way to spend a weekend afternoon with R/C vehicles. The real challenge is doing the same course in the opposite direction.

My son has had this one remote control car for years. I can't remember what it's called, but it looks like the vehicle they used on the moon with these huge tires for rough terrain. It comes with a charging pack. Outside, it runs and goes over everything! The kids would set up obstacles and go nuts. It's alot of fun.

We paid about $60 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    My son has had this one remote control car for years. I can't remember what it's called, but it looks like the vehicle they used on the moon with these huge tires for rough terrain. It comes with a charging pack. Outside, it runs and goes over everything! The kids would set up obstacles and go nuts. It's alot of fun.

We paid about $60 for it.

Lunar rover?
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I'm not sure what it's called paint. If I find it I'll take a pic.

We'd love something rugged like that. Something that can plow through leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    We'd love something rugged like that. Something that can plow through leaves.
    How about two kids named Rachel and Sam?

Here is somthing very similar to what Aaron has. It's called a Super R/C Vertigo Stunt Car (bottom of page). Pretty reasonably priced too.

http://www.jprtrading.com/shop/index...355329050bf1f7
    Last edited by GAC; 11-17-2005 at 08:47 PM.

Turn Off Ads?