Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Florida State rocks

Hybrid View

Florida State rocks

Check it out guys. You'll be thanking me later.

http://mb5.scout.com/ffloridastate19...cID=1874.topic

Florida State hotties. My personaly favorite is the girl with the cowboy hat, short shorts and FSU shirt on.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 11-15-2005 at 07:01 AM.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Re: Florida State rocks

:notworthy

Thank You!! Im Going To Florida State Now!
    Let's make some noise!

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

I must admit that their ladies do not look good... as long as they use that non-PC name, the Seminoles. Until they change their name, their ladies will not look attractive.

Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Well FSU was the state womens school till 1947
    Go Gators!

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Yum.....

Too much plastic for this old fashioned guy.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    Bingo...
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Bingo...
    I do not discriminate.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    They probably take cash too.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    They probably take cash too.
    as in rolled up dollar bills held between one's teeth?
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

http://acrosstheboard.blogspot.com/2...exclusive.html

So who is this girl who inadvertently started a internet craze because of her striking appearance at one Florida State University football game? She single handedly became the most famous person on Facebook.com (a online community for college students, similar to MySpace.com). Numerous stories, blog posts, rumors, and message boards discuss this captivating girl named Jenn Sterger.

What is the real truth about this woman at FSU? How’d this whole internet craze get so big from one football game and a couple of photos?

I had a chance to sit down with Jenn and do an exclusive interview with her 1-on-1. The truth about her may shock you. It may be exactly what you expected. It may make you cry. Regardless, Jenn Sterger is nothing but ‘brutally honest’ in this exclusive Across-the-Board interview. Don’t wait until the articles in Maxim or Playboy are released. Read on as this pre-law/bartender/college student sets the record straight. Find out precisely what Jenn's life is all about…and so much more.

*Your popularity seems to have stemmed from Internet picture posts. How did the whole Florida State Cowgirls thing start? What is it? What’s the entire REAL story? (you guys were on ABC TV or something like that?) Also, how many 'official' girls are there?

It all started at the Miami/FSU game this past September. Some drunken idiot spilled beer on my shirt while I was in the village (a place we all tailgate), and I was like… fu*k it! I just threw on my bathing suit top, and took one for the team . I was not about to miss this game.

Some amazing cameramen and the sports commentator Brent Musburger from ABC turned what could've been a two second crowd shot into a "THREE REASONS TO COME TO FLORIDA STATE" recruitment video. He said something to the effect of, “15,000 young red-blooded American men just signed up to go to Florida State next semester.”

The pictures from the game spread through the message boards like crazy. Something I thought had lasted two seconds, was more like four quarters. I began posting on the main message board that had my pictures, and they dubbed me- ‘The Cowgirl.’

The FSU cowgirls weren't plural until the second game. There are 7 different cowgirls: Myself, Chrystal, Fabi, Danae, Jessica, Morgan, and Sakina. Each brings something different to the mix and I love them all for it. Danae, Fabi, and I made the actual debut, and subsequent girls followed (usually the ones that weren't hung over from the night before.)

Of course there are other people who have made all of this possible, and as much as I would like to thank them, I choose to keep their identity a secret they know who they are.

*Do you find it annoying to receive all of the messages/attention via Facebook.com or MySpace.com?

I don't mind the messages at all. Sometimes they get a little monotonous, and repetitive, I mean, how many times can u quote anchorman? “I am so happy your office smells of rich mahogany and that you have many leather bound books...” and that you want to ‘be on me’…but come on. I'm a movie fanatic…so I expect a broader range of quotes. The messages that usually get a response are the ones that catch my eye, or revel something deeper about the person that wrote them. I like the ones that actually take time to read my profile…because every bit of it is true.

As for the hate mail… its not nearly as often as the rest, but you will get an occasional ‘go kill yourself’, or ‘you are ugly.’ To them, I say take your ball and go home. No one wants to play with you, and block them out. I don't have time to deal with haters, life is too short, why waste it on people that don't really matter?

*From reading your profile on Facebook.com you seem like a pretty laid back hometown girl. How would your best friends describe your personality?

My personality is pretty chill, although sometimes my pictures are deceiving. I have the same insecurities as any other girl. These past few months my personality has been a little more volatile- but only because I get sick of dealing with drama. I hate drama, but for some reason it follows me around like a lost puppy dog. I'm a true people pleaser. I like to make people happy. But sometimes, you just can't please everyone. You can try, but you will fail miserably. You just have to try to make yourself happy.

*What’s the typical weekday/weekend party schedule like? Do you bar hop? House parties? Which do you prefer?

Honestly, contrary to popular belief I am not a big party girl. I am a pizza, beer, and a good match-up on Monday Night Football girl. When I do party it is usually on the weekends, which start on Thursday and end on Sunday in Tally. Thursday nights I work a power hour @Elements, which is really just pre-drinking while getting paid. My boss likes to make sure his employees have a good time…while making the bar some money, nothing wrong with that. I usually end up at Yanni's or Potbelly's / Painted after that. And Fridays are usually greeted with a hangover.

Friday nights: I usually work, but when I am off will hit up an occasional house party. Saturdays are usually devoted entirely to college football and a victory/lick-my-wounds drinking round post game. Sundays again are devoted to football. I usually just find a local sports bar with good wings, and good beer, and roll up in my gym clothes and camp out for a few hours to watch the different games. Other than that though, I am strictly a homebody.

*In your profile it looks like you really enjoy sports. Is this too good to be true? I mean honestly- you wrote, “I watch SportsCenter atleast 5 times a day.” Do you really?

YEAH. Really.

The guys from Maxim Magazine tried me on my sports knowledge a little bit in our interview- it was pretty funny. I definitely showed him what was up, but Eric (Maxim dude) had a great personality about it, even though he got schooled in football by a girl. I like all sports, I am just really partial to football. Florida State has had a rough season this year. We are hoping to redeem ourselves in Miami on the 3rd. So wish us luck. If all else fails, I just remind myself that as of the end of the first week in January, we are all undefeated again.

*Where do you see yourself in five years?

I will probably be in law school, although, I have had some interesting business propositions. I am really interested in being a sports agent. A female ‘Jerry McGuire’ if you will. But we will see where I end up. The entertainment industry had been knocking at my door a lot lately you just have to be careful in your decisions you make as they can very well impact your future.

*OK, the tough question that you probably hate to hear… but everyone wants to know. Are they fake?

No. They are real. Real expensive.

Seriously. I get asked this a lot. I don't really understand the fascination. I mean, I love boobs as much as the next person, but to be obsessed. Never. I just chalk up all the questions to having an amazing surgeon. I'm sure he is enjoying all the free press he is getting, as almost any message from a girl on my Facebook.com is always about, I WANT YOUR DOCTORS NUMBER! It’s kinda flattering. But you will get your occasional haters. If the only way you can insult me is by pulling the "fake boob card," by all means …get some new material buddy. How original. Hey, it was MY money, a great investment, and damn it, ‘I am gonna shake what the doctor gave me.’ It doesn't make me shallow that I have them. I had just spent so much money on the guys I was dating, that I never did anything for myself. So finally, I was just like- what the hell- go for it. Best decision ever. Period.

*Even though your Facebook.com profile doesn’t say it, people are still curious… do you have a boyfriend?

There is no significant other. I had a serious boyfriend for my first year at Florida State, but things ended badly, and have kinda scarred me as far as how I look at relationships. I tend to be a little stand offish, so forgive me if I am gun-shy. I just don't feel like being THAT girl. I don't want to look like a tool. There are plenty of amazing guys that I have dated and had feelings for but they usually just couldn't handle all the stress that comes from dating one of the cowgirls. We have since all become single, because guys really couldn't handle being with us. The haters, the guys approaching us or them with stupid drunk comments. I can see where that might get old. Plus, since everyone is getting to know about us- you are constantly having to defend yourself against THOSE rumors like: "Oh the cowgirl hooked up with so-and-so," it's really kinda pathetic. I am sorry, but a guy who has to lie about the ass he pulls is an absolute tool. But hey, whatever helps you feel good about yourself man, go for it. My real friends know the kind of person I am.

I tend to put up a front sometimes with guys I date. One guy called it, my "BAD @$$" persona. But honestly, it is my defense against getting hurt. I've had my heart broken plenty of times, but it still doesn't stop me from taking a risk on a special guy every now and then. He just has to prove he's worth my time… after all- the juice has got to be worth the squeeze.

*There are some rumors floating around you might be May edition of Playboy. Is this true? If so, are you being featured in the girls of the ACC or is it just you by yourself?

It’s actually a spot in the 'Top Ten Party Schools' of the nation, and it’s with a girlfriend of mine, Fabi. It's due out in the May edition.

Also the two of us, and Chrystal, recently shot a multi-page spread for Maxim Magazine. That will definitely be worth the read (due out in the March edition, released sometime in mid February). There is still plenty of stuff in the works, so we will see what the future holds.

Overall, the most valuable thing this experience has taught me. Is to know who my true friends are. This one guy wrote me a message he called the 10-10-80 rule, and it has since become my personal motto.

There are gonna be those 10% of people in your life that will love you know matter what you do, they will think the sun shines out of your ass even when you are running around butt ass naked doing the war chant. They will just smile... and shake their heads, and say to themselves- poor Jenn, she is having a bad day.

Then there's the other 10% that will hate your guts, and want to smack you, just for saying hi. These people, should not really matter to you, but for some reason are the people we seem to focus most of our energy on.

And then, there's the 80%. These are the people you should truly care about, because this is where your true friends lie. Your actions are what make these people either hate you or love you. But usually they just remain indifferent, because they know the real you. And to them, who you are does not matter, it’s what you do that ultimately defines you.

For all the people who have taken the time to say hi, and thank us for what we do, thank you for making me smile. Your thanks aren't really needed; we would do it regardless, because football is what we love. For the rest of you still sipping on the haterade... relax. If you don't have something nice to say... then don't say anything at all. It’s just wasting your energy.

As the season comes to a close, thanks for all the true Florida State fans that stuck in there, and rode this season out with the rest of us. Win or Lose, we are still Seminoles. I still believe in my team. They will not only survive- but they will persevere. And if all else fails- there is always basketball and baseball season. Good Luck on the 3rd Noles. The Cowgirls have got your back.

Love Always,
    Jenn the FSU cowgirl.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

http://www.tbt.com/news/article16684.ece

The fan with the most fans

Jay Cridlin

Jenn Sterger would like you to know that she's just like any other senior at Florida State University.

"People don't realize I'm a student," says Sterger, 22. " I'll get on Facebook and have 5,000 friend requests and 200 messages waiting, and it's like, 'Um, hi, I have three lectures today and two tests to study for. I don't have time to sit there and click away on Facebook.'"

Her fans, on the other hand, do have that kind of time - especially when it comes to Sterger's alluring photos on Facebook.com.

Ever since television cameras caught Sterger and her buxom friends wearing little more than denim cutoffs and bikini tops at September's Florida State-Miami game, Sterger has spawned a heated frenzy of Internet adoration.

Bloggers have dubbed her the "Facebook Princess" because of her overwhelming popularity on the college networking site. She's spawned fan sites, been worshipped on message boards, and name-dropped on ESPN.com.

Her wave of popularity is set to crest this spring with photo spreads in the March Maxim and the May Playboy, not to mention her own Web sites, JennSterger.com and CowgirlNation.com , which she hopes to launch by next month.

The commotion is a bit shocking to the Lutz native, a self-described " band dork" from Gaither High who attended the University of South Florida for two years.

"Bottom line, this has happened to me because I was at the right place at the right time, and I love sports," says Sterger, who transferred to Florida State in 2004. "I was just dressing cute at a football game."

Sterger credits her fame in part to ABC announcer Brent Musberger, who called the FSU-Miami game and noticed the girls in the stands during a crowd shot. "He said something to the effect of, '15,000 red-blooded young American men just signed up to go to Florida State next year,' " Sterger says.

Turns out Musberger was more right than he knew. Sterger immediately became the online poster girl for FSU's student body; over the next few months, she watched her Facebook.com hits soar.

ESPN.com Page 2 writer Dan Shanoff dubbed Sterger the "Hottie Sensation" of 2006. On Monday (1/9), Sterger was the fourth-ranked "mover" on Yahoo's Buzz Index, ahead of Israeli prime minister Ariel Sharon.

All this, and her Maxim and Playboy photos haven't even hit newsstands.

"I tell you, I'm really impressed with what she's done and what she's accomplished in such a short time," says Leo Sterger, 49, Jenn's father, who adds that he's cool with the Playboy shoot.

"I said, 'If you don't feel like it's going to be a problem for you down the road, by all means, go for it,' " he said. "Pamela Anderson started by being pointed out in a crowd shot at a hockey game up in Canada, and look where she's at today. I don't want her marrying Tommy Lee, but I wouldn't mind her having an opportunity like Pamela had."

Sterger, who is single, says she's gotten fan mail from athletes and been recognized in airports. But she also laughs about what she calls her " quasi-C-level celebrity status."

She's studying criminology and psychology at Florida State and says she wants to take the LSAT and attend law school. Her parents still live in Lutz - yes, Sterger is also a Bucs fan - and over winter break, she went back to her job selling sunglasses at International Plaza.

"I'm not going to give up everything I'm doing just because I've run into a little bit of luck," she says. "I still want to have an education to fall back on. Looks only last so long. They only get you in the door. You have to be able to keep them interested."

- Jay Cridlin cridlin@tbt.com
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

In the world of ACC fandom, this has been a hot topic for a while. If you have an hour or three to kill, the Maryland board has an entertaining thread regarding one of the ladies.

http://mb26.scout.com/fmaryland43696...ID=52363.topic

For those who don't have the time to read, I'll cut to the chase:

On page 78 or 79, Jenn (the most prominently photographed lady) announces that she and one of her buds will be in the May 2006 Playboy.

Turn Off Ads?