Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Let the Hype Begin! Colts/Bengals Thread

Let the Hype Begin! Colts/Bengals Thread

This is a huge game for the Bengals. They've showed flashes of brilliance in their two losses, but just weren't able to stay focused for the whole 60 minutes. They played scared for the first half against Jacksonville, but finished strong. Against Pittsburgh, they started like gangbusters, but lost momentum after an early overturned touchdown and missed FG.

The Colts have been experts at mentally demolishing their opponents. If Marvin Lewis can somehow inspire his team to execute like they are capable of doing, it will be a testament to his brilliance.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Let the Hype Begin! Colts/Bengals Thread

I love the Bengals, but this one really scares me. The Bengals have won a few games this season by the seat of their pants and I don't know how they'll react to a good team. It might be ugly like the Pittsburgh game.

Fearless prediction sure to go wrong:

Bengals - 24
    Colts - 17

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I am suprised that the Colts are anywhere from a 4.5 to 5.5 point favorites in this game. They may cover that spread, but I think they're a team whose bubble is ready to burst. I just don't think the Bengals will be intimidated by them the way they were with Pittsburgh. Either way, it's fun to have the attention of all NFL fans and media focused on my team's game.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

In order of favorite NFL teams: 1) Bengals 2) Colts

I love them both, and honestly could care less who wins. I like the Bengals better, but I wouldnt mind seeing the Colts go undefeated.

However, everyone I've talked says the Bengals have no chance, and go on to say that Pittsburgh & San Diego are the only decent teams left to play. Now I know the Bengals aren't the best team in the NFL, but if the Colts have an attitude like their fans (doubtful), I'll be asking them, Who dey?

Having been a Browns' fan since 1990, this is really hard for me to say, but it is hard to not like Marvin Lewis' Bengals.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

As opposed to TeamSelig, my favorite NFL teams are 1) Colts 2) Bengals, so I won't be heartbroken either way. But I think this is the Colts' year and the Bengals aren't quite there, so I'm predicting the Colts win by at least a touchdown (maybe two).

I think James is going to tear up the Bengals defense, with 100 or so yards. Manning will probably throw 2 TDs at the most, with an interception.

Colts win 24-14

Then again, I could see the Colts winning by a lot, and I could see the Bengals upsetting them as well. Should be a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig
    Then again, I could see the Colts winning by a lot, and I could see the Bengals upsetting them as well. Should be a good game.
    Careful on that limb you're going out on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Does everyone know that the game is at 4:15 even though it's at home? I didn't realize that until I took a close look.

Somebody's got to beat the Colts once, unless they become one of the few teams to actually go undefeated. Hopefully, it can be the Bengals.

I sure hope that I don't have to miss this game. We'll be in NY gearing up for Thanksgiving with the family, but plan on hitting a local sports bar. If they're not showing it, I'm going to be hugely disappointed.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Having been a Browns' fan since 1990, this is really hard for me to say, but it is hard to not like Marvin Lewis' Bengals.

First you demand more money to post here. Then you tell us Drew Rosenhaus is your agent. Now you are a Browns fan?

Go away!

just saying....

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Does everyone know that the game is at 4:15 even though it's at home? I didn't realize that until I took a close look.

Somebody's got to beat the Colts once, unless they become one of the few teams to actually go undefeated. Hopefully, it can be the Bengals.

I sure hope that I don't have to miss this game. We'll be in NY gearing up for Thanksgiving with the family, but plan on hitting a local sports bar. If they're not showing it, I'm going to be hugely disappointed.
    I believe they moved it to 4:15 because it is supposed to be the national game.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Here's the schedule for Sunday's afternoon games. It doesn't look good for you:

Code:
    Seattle at San Francisco 4:05 p.m. 
    Buffalo at San Diego 4:15 p.m. 
    Indianapolis at Cincinnati 4:15 p.m. 
    N.Y. Jets at Denver 4:15 p.m.
    The Bills and Jets are both playing, so unless you can find a sports bar with the NFL Ticket and a LOT of TVs, you're probably going to get stuck with one of those other games.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I'll take the Bengals and 7. If they were playing in Indy, I'd give them 12.

Sure, maybe I am still thinking that this is the Bengals of old (it's a hard habit to shake after 13 years), but I think it is entirely realistic to say that this matchup is not even by any stretch. This is an improving ballclub, but they are not elite yet. The defense is still weak against the run, the offense has a tendency to respond poorly to good defensive play calling, but above all, with the exception of last week, the Colts have played enormously well this year. Their performance against Houston was not the same thing they will bring into Cincinnati. Look for the Colts defense to be the difference.

And by the way...This is NOT a prediction. Make up your mind, TeamSelig!
    Colts win 24-14

Last edited by SunDeck; 11-15-2005 at 01:07 PM.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I'll be there. Upper level, 40-yd. line.

For a Level Playing Field

Coming from a DIEHARD Bengals fan....

Colts 31 - Bengals 13

Peyton doesn't scare me 1/2 as much as Edgarrin James (along w/ the Bengals suspect run D).

I have been right on every Bengals game this year in my work pool. I hope this week I am very wrong.

Turn Off Ads?