Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Let the Hype Begin! Colts/Bengals Thread

Re: Let the Hype Begin! Colts/Bengals Thread

Wow! Three pages of posts about a Bengals game that hasn't even been played yet! How things have changed.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Does everyone know that the game is at 4:15 even though it's at home? I didn't realize that until I took a close look.

Somebody's got to beat the Colts once, unless they become one of the few teams to actually go undefeated. Hopefully, it can be the Bengals.

I sure hope that I don't have to miss this game. We'll be in NY gearing up for Thanksgiving with the family, but plan on hitting a local sports bar. If they're not showing it, I'm going to be hugely disappointed.
    The Bengals/Colts game actually was a 1:00pm kickoff when the schedule first came out. On the flipside, the Pittsburgh @ Baltimore was originally slated to be played at 4:00pm--only to have the league switch timeslots with the Cincy/Indy game. My guess is that, prior to the switch, the league was really struggling to find a decent 4:00pm game due to the fact that:

1) Injuries on both squads have now made the Steelers/Ravens game appear to be unwatchable

2) The average point spread on the three remaining 4:00pm games (Sea @ SF, NYJ @ Denv, Buff @ SD) is more than 12 points

I'd prefer the game to be later due to the fact that the rainy weather is scheduled for late in the afternoon. We'll see how the Colts handle their first real taste of winter rain.
    Last edited by Blimpie; 11-17-2005 at 01:33 PM.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

Unfortunately, I can't watch the game now that it's been moved to a 4pm timeslot, so I'm going to have to DVR it and do my best to avoid any mention of it until I return home at 10pm that night to watch it.

That's a lot of driving with no radio, folks.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    Unfortunately, I can't watch the game now that it's been moved to a 4pm timeslot, so I'm going to have to DVR it and do my best to avoid any mention of it until I return home at 10pm that night to watch it.

That's a lot of driving with no radio, folks.
    Well, that makes two of us, but I hope to be home by 8:30, and it's only a five minute drive for me. I've got a can't-miss Thanksgiving function to attend 6:00 til 8:00, so I"ll watch what I can of the first half then tape the second half. Now all I need is for some idiot to run out to his car, get the final score, then return to the room as things are wrapping up and blurt it out.

Meanwhile, in the locker room...

Scuffle breaks out in Bengals locker room

By Mark Curnutte
    Enquirer staff writer

The open locker room period for media at noon today at Paul Brown Stadium was punctuated by a physical altercation involving two Bengals players.

Defensive lineman Carl Powell picked up defensive back Reggie Myles and threw him down. The incident occurred in the equipment room, adjacent to the locker room, and touched off a 20-minute shouting match that spilled into the locker room and involved several other Bengals players.

The confrontation was believed to be the result of horse-play gone too far. Myles was restrained by teammates, including tight end Tony Stewart, the teamís union representative.

A couple of players, led by defensive end Justin Smith, rushed into the equipment room to break up Powell and Myles. Powell is a 278-pound seventh-year player. Myles weighs 195 pounds.

ďThis ainít Chicago,Ē one player yelled in reference to the incident in which Bears offensive lineman Olin Kreutz punched teammate Fred Miller and broke Millerís jaw.

Myles, clutching the face mask of a helmet, was led out of the equipment room by a small group of players that included defensive tackle Bryan Robinson and offensive linemen Willie Anderson, Levi Jones and Bobbie Williams.

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said through the teamís media relations department that he had no comment on the incident and that it would be handled internally.

Myles broke away from the players and went back into the equipment room to pursue Powell. He again was led out by teammates.

Rookie linebacker Odell Thurman got into a shouting match with some of the veteran players who had led Myles out of the equipment room.

Linebackers coach Ricky Hunley entered the locker room and talked with Thurman and several other players.

Media are allowed into the locker for 45 minutes four times a week to interview players, an arrangement set by the NFL. Players often eat their lunches at their lockers over the noon hour, too.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    I wonder how Marvin will handle that.

Sounds like they are ready to go out and hit someone.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander
    I wonder how Marvin will handle that.
    it will probably involve yelling - which really is not a bad thing.

Impossible to know who--if anyone--was at fault, but Reggie Myles has put himself on Marvin's S-list a number of times this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by macro

Reggie shouldnt have ate Carls food.

Bengals get the #1 CBS crew. I wonder if Nantz and Co. even know that there are teams in the league not named the Patriots?

I think people will realize the Colts don't have a great defense after this weekend, heck many might question if they even have a good defense. Colts will probably score at will, too. BUT they ain't coming in the Jungle and win, you can count on that.

Colts 28
    Bengals 38

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I'll be there Sunday. My brother called me last night. He got 2 tickets on the 50 yard line.

Quote Originally Posted by CougarQuest
    Cincinnati played Houston at Houston and won 16-10.
    Indy played Houston at Houston and won 38-20 and at home and won 31-17.
    The Bengals played Houston at home, unless that morning I drank enough at the tailgate to not notice I had been instantaneously transported to Texas. Always a possibility, though.

The Bengals looked like crap that day, as well. I expect a tight game for the first 30-40 minutes, but eventually Indy's offense is going to be too much. Therefore, I expect something along the lines of 37-24.

I'll be there Sunday. My brother called me last night. He got 2 tickets on the 50 yard line.
    Congratulations! Make some noise!
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander
    Bum wing and all? Man, you are dedicated if nothing else.

Me? I'll be fine on the sofa in my warm living room. Food, bathroom, comfort...oh, hell. Okay, I am jealous.

My brother sucks wind.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

Turn Off Ads?