Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Let the Hype Begin! Colts/Bengals Thread

Re: Let the Hype Begin! Colts/Bengals Thread

Ohamahoweverthehellyouspellhisname is the worst defensive back I've ever seen start for the Bengals. And that's saying something.

This whole "we don't get sacks we get pressure" thing is crap. Get sacks. If your DBs can't cover for 3 seconds, you need to get to the quarterback within 3 seconds regularly. Horrible defense all the way around.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The better overall team won the game today. While the Colts D has been incredibly overrated all season, they are still slightly better than the Bengals D. That was the difference in the game.

It was one helluva game to watch though. Fun stuff. The 4th and 1 miss was the killer for the Bengals and 2nd guessing is easy now, but Johnson MUST have the ball in that situation.
    Matta = Really good

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33
    The better overall team won the game today. While the Colts D has been incredibly overrated all season, they are still slightly better than the Bengals D. That was the difference in the game.

It was one helluva game to watch though. Fun stuff. The 4th and 1 miss was the killer for the Bengals and 2nd guessing is easy now, but Johnson MUST have the ball in that situation.
    I'd rather them do anything than go for it on 4th down after having seen 3 or 4 of their attempts at it this season. They suck on 4th down.

Peyton Manning is simply amazing. But I do agree the Bengals secondary has to be able to cover better than that. And they need to get more pressure on the QB. It seemed the Bengals would blitz on short yardage plays and not on longer yardage plays.

This might have been the most frustrating Bengals game I've ever watched for one reason: the amount of 3rd and 10+ situations the Colts converted and to a wide open receiver. Those are the situations where you throw the kitchen sink at them. Peyton had way too much time.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    I'd rather them do anything than go for it on 4th down after having seen 3 or 4 of their attempts at it this season. They suck on 4th down.
    That was a horrible play call on 4th and 1. If you are going to go for it I can't think of a much lower percentage play than a sweep around the corner.
    Last edited by Reds Fanatic; 11-20-2005 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic
    That was a horrible play call on 4th and 1. If you are going to go for it I can't think of a much lower percentage play than a sweep around the corner.
    Their previous favorite 4th and short call is a deep hand off to the tail back that develops really slow. They've been stuffed on that call a couple of times this year with that one too.

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    Ohamahoweverthehellyouspellhisname is the worst defensive back I've ever seen start for the Bengals. And that's saying something.

This whole "we don't get sacks we get pressure" thing is crap. Get sacks. If your DBs can't cover for 3 seconds, you need to get to the quarterback within 3 seconds regularly. Horrible defense all the way around.
    Most of the time Ohalete is just throwing his body into the player instead of tackling them. Then you see plays were he wastes time trying to strip the ball from the player instead of tackling them. He can hit hard and thats about it... hes definitely no Madieu Williams.

I just hope Madieu Williams is 100% healthy and ready to play next season, that way we dont have to watch Ohalete any more.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Some thoughts from the game. I was there with my brother. We were in the bottom of the upper deck, right at midfield.

Chad's TD was a thing of beauty. He put a little move on the db and just left him. We needed a couple more of those.

What kind of call was that on 4th and 1? We were getting big gainers running up the middle all game, and then we ron wide when we need 1 yard?

I don't like to blame refs for a loss, but that pass interference call was total B.S. The Colts were given a TD on that drive and they should have been attempting a 47 yard field goal. Four point difference. Later in the game we had a receiver mugged on third down and there was no call. I think we settled for a field goal there. We had a (potential) TD taken away there, or at least a chance of one. That's another four point difference. What was the margin of victory for the Colts? I know you have to overcome bad calls, but those two could have directly affected the outcome of the game. Absolutely inexcusable.

No bad blood between Bengals and Colts fans. It was a downright pleasant experience and the ones sitting near us had nothing but good things to say about the Bengals offense. Considering the offense they watch every week, I'll take the compliment. Before the game started I was walking out to the concession stand and my shoe must have come untied. I hear someone say, "Hey dude, your shoe's untied." The next thing I know, some guy in a Colts jersey is bending over and tying my shoe for me. I guess I will have a hard time ever thinking ill of their fans after that.

It's 9:30am, and the Colts just scored another touchdown at Paul Brown Stadium.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

I thought Kiewan was in position to pick-off Manning that one time, then he signaled for the fair catch and he missed the ball.

Still no respect for the Bengals in my class. This one guy even tried to say that the Bengals "suck". Colts only won by 8 points. I don't care who you like in football, the Bengals hung with the Colts.

A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar

Before the game started I was walking out to the concession stand and my shoe must have come untied. I hear someone say, "Hey dude, your shoe's untied." The next thing I know, some guy in a Colts jersey is bending over and tying my shoe for me. I guess I will have a hard time ever thinking ill of their fans after that.
    That's hilarious.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

I went to the game and I would like to say as a Colts fan that the Bengal fans were great and I only hope our new stadium here in Indy is as good as PBS.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig
    Still no respect for the Bengals in my class. This one guy even tried to say that the Bengals "suck". Colts only won by 8 points. I don't care who you like in football, the Bengals hung with the Colts.
    Well, that one guy showed how much he follows football, or how much he knows about it, with that remark. I was on a non-sports board a couple of weeks ago and someone made a "Bungles" remark. I asked "Have you even looked at the NFL Standings in the past two years?"

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    That's hilarious.
    It might have been hilarious, but it was also much appreciated given that I am still unable to tie my own shoes. But for every helpful fan, I wonder how many there were who were a little drunk and placing bets about whether or not I would fall and break the other arm.

Turn Off Ads?