Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Watching Florida v. #18 Wake Forest...

Watching Florida v. #18 Wake Forest...

Florida is going to be much better this year than people expected.

Honestly, they've looked worlds better in this game against WF than UK has looked in any of its games so far.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    got alil captain in u?

Re: Watching Florida v. #18 Wake Forest...

if they can just stop eric williams they have a real shot to win the game grey's not a true point guard so they can take advantage of his 6 turnovers in teh first half

I guess I should be watching
    Go Gators!

I agree they looked much better than I thought they would. Green and Humpheries look to have good chemistry between them. Brewer could be a star and they are deep with bruising big guys. I'm afraid they will give my UK Cats all they can handle this season.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Hey, this is my kind of thread! Gator basketball: They play fast and chaotic. The hidden danger in last nights victory is that Taurean Green is not a good shooter. He had a good night, for sure, but at times last year when he got a shot to fall, he took the saftey off and would miss the next eight. Not what you look for in a point guard. The two forces of this team are the slashing Corey Brewer and Al Hortford banging around inside. Lee Humphery's got a beautiful shot, but can't create on his own. Joakim Noah's got potential, but at this point is still too awkward to be consistent. Adrian Moss, when healthy will usually foul out. What I like about this team is that they have to be a team. For the last three years everything went through the big three, Anthony Roberson, Matt Walsh and David Lee, as it probably should have. When one had a bad night, everything fell apart. Also Walsh and Roberson had little to no intrest in defense. This year will be different. Everything will be fast and furious. They're young and fast, so they will look sloppy, and have lots of turnovers and dumb mistakes, but they should cause plenty as well. Should be fun to watch them grow. Tonight at 9 (Florida time) on ESPN vs. Syracuse.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Should be a fun game tonight with my guys from the Cuse
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

How is Syracuse? I know about McNemara(Sp?), and the zone defense thing they always do, but what else? What are the expectations?

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

The have McNamarra (Sr) starting with 4 juniors who all played well last night. Long on the back line- 6-11, 6-9, 6-8. Deep team with a future star in Eric Devendorf (Sp?) coming off the bench he is offensively gifted.

If they shot well, they can play with anyone in the country. If they are cold from the arc, they could lose to anyone.

It will be fun.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

That Syracuse zone is BADASS;

Amazing they could look so great against Texas Tech last night but barely squeak by basketball powerhouse Cornell.

Turn Off Ads?