Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Video Game Question

Re: Video Game Question

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    Funny. My 15 yr. old daughter is the same way. She has all my genes. Smart as a whip and ornery as all get out. She's get my sarcastic and crappy sense of humor, taste in music, and overall sardonic demeanor.
    My daughter Rachel is also the middle child. She, like her Dad, is a very driven and strong-willed child (who always feels she must have the last word). Like her Dad, she also is very perfectionistic. She is one of those kids that you always hated in school - straight A's, and a member of every type of school club or group. Very extroverted.

She's also the "natural" athlete in the family. My oldest boy hates sports. My youngest boy is involved, but it doesn't seem to come as natural as it does to her, whom I refer to as my female Jim Thorpe. She's into everything. Right now she is in a conditioning/weight lifting program over the winter to get ready for baseball.

My wife and I already know the direction our two oldest are heading, and from which side of the family they got their dominate genes. But with our youngest (Samuel), we haven't figured it out yet.

I really hate it when I see my bad qualities in my kids. I see my good ones too, but when I see the bad ones, I just say "damn".
    Yep. Ya gotta take the good with the bad. We refer to that as being "a chip off the ol' block".
    Last edited by GAC; 11-25-2005 at 06:16 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Video Game Question

I was a pretty good example for myself. My parents were pretty lenient with me in high school, but there were rules, morals, ethics, etc taught, and enforced along the way. Although my parents were lenient when I was in high school, I still respected that it was their house and their rules, and I followed them as best a teenager probably could. When I went to college I started out ok, but then quickly got caught up in some crap that I never should have let myself get caught up into. While I was doing it, I always thought that I was doing it for the "experience," so I'd know what the "other side" was like and be able to share those experiences with my kids. When push came to shove and it was time for me to choose either the "bad" or "good" path, I fell back on the things my parents taught me, always knowing what "right" and "wrong" were. I could just feel it. I don't think some of the kids I hung around with in college even knew that feeling. I guess what I'm saying is, as a parent always try to teach your kids to feel that sense of what is right and what is wrong.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?