Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Boondocks

The Boondocks

Based on the popular comic strip about young black kids and their grandfather who transplants them to the suburbs, this cartoon is part of the Cartoon Network's Sunday evening Adult Swim block of programming. It's one of the best things on TV right now -- one of the best shows to come along in quite a while. It's original, edgy, and funny without being bogged down by pop culture references, and it's full of genuine emotion. It's not bizarro-funny like most of the other Adult Swim fare. It has good storylines grounded in reality, but the jokes can be pretty off-the-wall. Plus the animation is refreshingly good -- the kind of quality usually reserved for Japanese anime.

http://www.adultswim.com/shows/boondocks/index.html

I highly recommend this show, even for people who don't especially like cartoons.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Boondocks

Don't think I won't back there and whup up on you just because I'm driving.

Really good show. Though my current cartoon fascination is Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo.

Last edited by M2; 11-21-2005 at 07:10 PM.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

It is done very well. It's very funny and intelligent. It reminds me of Chris Rock in the way that it makes fun of stereotypes of black people just as much as stereotypes of white people. Good show. It definently gets Tivoed at my house.

Plus, the immortal Nine Pound Hammer has a song on that show.

Totally badazzzz.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

Turn Off Ads?