Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Sam, World's Ugliest Dog, Dies at 14

Sam, World's Ugliest Dog, Dies at 14

Sam, World's Ugliest Dog, Dies at 14
    SANTA BARBARA, Calif. (Nov. 22) - Sam, the tiny dog whose hairless body and crooked teeth earned him a reputation as the World's Ugliest Dog, has died.

The pooch died Friday, just short of his 15th birthday, his owner said.

"I don't think there'll ever be another Sam," Susie Lockheed said, adding: "Some people would think that's a good thing."

Sam won the ugliest dog contest at the Sonoma-Marin Fair this summer for the third year in a row. The pedigreed Chinese crested had made appearances on TV in Japan, radio in New Zealand and in Britain's Daily Mirror tabloid. He also had met Donald Trump on a talk show set.

Lockheed said she initially was terrified of Sam when she agreed to take him in as a rescue dog six years ago on a 48-hour trial basis. Although she fell in love with him, his appearance repulsed her then-boyfriend and prompted the man to break up with her.

Later, however, Sam became a matchmaker by bringing together Lockheed and her current beau, who saw a picture of the two on an online dating site.

Lockheed said she had Sam euthanized after she learned Sam's heart was failing.

She said she's felt a little lost ever since, and is sleeping with Sam's favorite toy - a stuffed bear he picked up and carried home.

Really funny video of Sam and his owner at this link:
    http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/arti...22121809990005

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sam, World's Ugliest Dog, Dies at 14

Sam looked like he died three years ago. Don't worry the Pet Cemetary won't have him for long....

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I wonder if it was a nice dog?

It's said that he was a good dog.

http://samugliestdog.com/
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

That is one ugly dog, though.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

He just needed love
    Go Gators!

All Dogs Go To Heaven....... but this is gonna be a tough sell!
    Last edited by GAC; 11-24-2005 at 05:26 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

We have a dog who is on his way to a possible run at the title. He was once a beautiful mutt, so much so that everyone thought he was a female.

However, this summer he has come down with some kind of systemic allergy. The vets don't know what is causing it and he has lost about half his hair. His ears and underside are now basically bald. I told the wife he will end up looking like a naked mole rat. His skin varies from pink to bright red.

Poor fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa
    We have a dog who is on his way to a possible run at the title. He was once a beautiful mutt, so much so that everyone thought he was a female.

However, this summer he has come down with some kind of systemic allergy. The vets don't know what is causing it and he has lost about half his hair. His ears and underside are now basically bald. I told the wife he will end up looking like a naked mole rat. His skin varies from pink to bright red.

Poor fella.
    Have you been through elimination diet trials and allergy testing with him?

Turn Off Ads?