Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Has Anybody Else Seen The XBox 360 Bids On EBay?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Has Anybody Else Seen The XBox 360 Bids On EBay?

Just looked on there and did a search by highest prce first. Saw a bid on a system for $10, 000. Several in the $2K and $3K price range. The ole' hindsight is 20/20 adage, I should've waited in line and dropped to $400 for one and turned around and put it on EBay. I looked at some of the games for it, and they looked totally cool, but certainly not $10K worth of cool.

Re: Has Anybody Else Seen The XBox 360 Bids On EBay?

I went out on Monday night with a buddy of mine. He wanted an xbox for himself. I wanted one to flip it on ebay because I thought they might be going for $800 each.

We found a place around 1:00 in the morning where we were first and second in line. The store opened at 10:00. I would have hung around except I had a meeting I couldn't miss at 10. If I didn't have that meeting, I'd have a few hundred bucks in my pocket.

Oh well. I still get to play his xbox.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

All that money changing hands to buy a system that has no new games but plenty of software bugs.

And by Valentine's Day, every Wal-Mart and Target store in the country will have stacks of these on hand.

I saw a story on the news last night about a woman who had the Xbox 360 she had just purchased, with most of her paycheck, stolen at gunpoint before she got it home.

A screen of death, a Microsoft tradition

Go Gators!

Retired

I've heard a lot of people are having problems with them, disk read errors, disks being scratched or warped and even a few fires from overheating!

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    I've heard a lot of people are having problems with them, disk read errors, disks being scratched or warped and even a few fires from overheating!

And so it begins.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051205/tc_nm/media_xbox_dc

Microsoft sued over alleged Xbox 360 glitch 51 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A Chicago man who bought Microsoft Corp.'s new Xbox 360 has sued the world's largest software maker, saying the new video game console has a design flaw that causes it to overheat and freeze up.

The proposed class action claims that in Microsoft's bid to gain share in the $25 billion global video game market, the company was so intent on releasing the Xbox 360 before competing next-generation machines from Sony Corp and Nintendo Co Ltd. that it sold a "defectively designed" product.

Robert Byers, who brought the suit, said the power supply and central processing unit in the Xbox 360 overheat, affecting heat-sensitive chips and causing the console to lock up.

Microsoft spokeswoman Molly O'Donnell on Monday said the company does not comment on pending litigation.

Complaints about the problem surfaced quickly on gaming enthusiast Web sites after the Xbox 360 debuted on November 22.

Console owners reported that some systems had crashed during regular use as well as during online game play using the Xbox Live service. Problems included screens going black and the appearance of a variety of error messages.

At the time O'Donnell told Reuters: "We have received a few isolated reports of consoles not working as expected."

She declined to say how many reports Microsoft had received and said that calls reporting the issue to the company represented a "very, very small fraction" of units sold.

The lawsuit, filed on Friday in federal court in Illinois, seeks unspecified damages and litigation-related expenses, as well as the replacement or recall of Xbox 360 game consoles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I've got two enroute from Sears.com. I'm going to resell on ebay. If the prices start falling (which I doubt, because you can't get one from a retailer right now) I can return it to the local sears store for full refund.

Those suckers are always full of bugs when they first come out.

I always wait a year or so before I buy a new console.

Except for when I bought the Sega Dreamcast on it's first day. Now that was a good system...Too bad they decided to make maybe eight good games for it.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

I got the 360, I will sell it on ebay when the time is right, still doing some research. It does look like a sweet system, I didn't want one at first but I had the opportunity to get one. Just couldn't pass it up knowing I will make some good money off it.
    "As long as I have fun playing, the stats will take care of themselves." - Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo
    I got the 360, I will sell it on ebay when the time is right, still doing some research. It does look like a sweet system, I didn't want one at first but I had the opportunity to get one. Just couldn't pass it up knowing I will make some good money off it.
    Get rid of it before it burns your house down.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

all this for someone's entertainment.

wow.

I feel old.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

For a Level Playing Field

Stupid is, stupid does...

Anyone stupid enough to pay 3X to 10X more than the retail price for these things deserve to have their stupid-butts ripped off.

And for those who pay that much more, I hope your system locks up, blows up or whatever. You get what you deserve.

For those making money off these things... more power to ya. You only get what some dummy is willing to give to you. Won't be very long until these things are being resold at less than ticket price. Supply and demand will be sure of that.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    Stupid is, stupid does...

Anyone stupid enough to pay 3X to 10X more than the retail price for these things deserve to have their stupid-butts ripped off.

And for those who pay that much more, I hope your system locks up, blows up or whatever. You get what you deserve.

For those making money off these things... more power to ya. You only get what some dummy is willing to give to you. Won't be very long until these things are being resold at less than ticket price. Supply and demand will be sure of that.

You really hope their systems are damaged? Sure, I think paying that much is foolish like you do, but I don't wish anything unfortunate to happen to their property.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by 919191
    You really hope their systems are damaged? Sure, I think paying that much is foolish like you do, but I don't wish anything unfortunate to happen to their property.
    If someone is willing to pay 3X to 10X the ticket price for something and have NO GUARANTEE (buyer beware), then "stupid is, stupid does".

However, I never wish ill-will to anyone (stupid or not). But would they get sympathy from me if their precious little video-system died or they got ripped-off? Nope.

Turn Off Ads?