Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chad Johnson is good for marital harmony

WAGS

Re: Chad Johnson is good for marital harmony

did anyone see the ESPN piece on chad on sunday?

it said a lot on his life and such

anywho i think chad is halarious..he's like TO without the drama, which is what i love.

the golfing dance, HALARIOUS!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    Chad Johnson is good for the game of football. He is an outstanding talent and his endzone celebrations are in good, clean-natured fun. The celebrations alone have some people watching the games that normally wouldn't (ORH's wife). Chad Johnson does nothing but promote the game of football and the Cincinnati Bengals.

There are actually some Browns fans in my town that swear up one side and down the other that they would not want Chad Johnson anywhere near thier team because of his endzone celebrations. They say he is a cancer who only cares about himself and even with his stats, they would not take him as a member of the Cleveland Browns. My reponse to them is always well it's no wonder your team is consistantly at the bottom of the league with such foolish thinking as that.
    Give it a rest.

The Bengals finally have a season where they get over .500 - and I'm glad for them - after consistently being at the bottom of the NFL as the losingest franchise for the last decade. SD's Tomlinson, just a few years ago, didn't use Cleveland in his reference/analogy to being a losing franchise. He did use Cincy though.

And we did make the postseason just 3 years ago.

I said it then, that the best the best thing to happen in Cincy was Mike Brown hiring Marvin Lewis and fading into the background, while giving Marvin greater control/influence.

Hiring Savage as their GM, who then hired Crennel, is following the right path in Cleveland. They immediately cleaned house of players with attitudes, which is what Lewis did in Cincy. Both of these coaches are men of character IMO.

Cleveland is on the road to "resurrection". It's gonna happen. Lewis didn't do it immediately in Cincy, and neither wil Crennel.

I don't like excessive celebration on either side of the ball. I liken it to a form of taunting. If players want to mimick TO's antics, then what goes around comes around - and I look forward to those players getting their clocks cleaned someday. And I don't say that simpy about Johnson, but any player who IMO goes overboard. They are askig for it, and someone is gonna accomodate them.

Edwards has hurt us a few times this year in critical games (Indy) where he got nailed with taunting penalties that voided TDs. I hate it!

The game is not about the individual player.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Lewis didn't do it immediately in Cincy, and neither wil Crennel.
    He took a 2-14 Bengals team to 8-8, in one year. I'm guessing that the Browns lose at least 10 games this year.

I don't think the Browns will do much in the next few years, unless Charlie Frye ends up being something.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    He took a 2-14 Bengals team to 8-8, in one year. I'm guessing that the Browns lose at least 10 games this year.
    No one denies that the Bengals had/have better talent then the Browns. A good coach such as Lewis made all the difference.

And we have some talent in Cleveland too. It's all about the type of scheme utilized and built around with those player.

But Brown fans are also realists when it came to this season and the won-loss record. So losing 10 games this year is not a surprise, nor a reflection on what Crennel can/will achieve. We weren't expecting much at all in this department. What we wanted to see was a solid foundation laid with the release of underachieving players and the acquisition of some talented veteran players to start us on the right path. And Savage and Crennel have done that in the off-season. Our offensive line, along with the running and passing game are vastly improved (and without Winslow). We have "holes" to fill; but that is where I have alot more faith in guys like Savage and Crennel over Davis, Clark, and Policy. Savage is a great evaluator of talent and the draft.

And then there is trying to get acclaimated to a 3-4 defense and finding the right personnel. We have already seen that in Davis and Lang.

I don't think the Browns will do much in the next few years, unless Charlie Frye ends up being something.
    It won't take a few years for this team to improve. I admit that we do have a problem at QB, which is why we want to see more of Frye in there to see what we have and what/where we need to draft. QB and LB position will be high on Crennel's draft list.

Plus, we are 30 Mil under the salary cap going into next year. And we have a owner who is committed to rebuilding this team very quickly and not afraid to spend.

We'll see.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    But Brown fans are also realists when it came to this season and the won-loss record.
    What Browns fans are you talking to?

Most that I encounter up here bellyache about every little mistake to no end.

They just seem very unreasonable in their expectations for this year. I mean, at the beginning of the season, they said they were going to be reasonable in their expectations, but that has definitely not been the case.

Many are not, IMO, as appreciative of Romeo as they should be.
    Last edited by WMR; 11-29-2005 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    What Browns fans are you talking to?

Most that I encounter up here bellyache about every little mistake to no end.
    That sounds just like about any typical fan - including Bengal just a year or two ago.

I visit/post on two other Brown forums (one ran by Kosar's brother). They're no different then this one when it comes to discussing the game and their team.

They just seem very unreasonable in their expectations for this year. I mean, at the beginning of the season, they said they were going to be reasonable in their expectations, but that has definitely not been the case.
    Most of the Brown fans I hang around with on those other forums and in chat with on gameday sound pretty reasonable when it came to their expectations this year. Sure - you're gonna have that certain percentage, just as you do on this forum, that will bellyache about any and everything. But they are a minority IMO.

Many are not, IMO, as appreciative of Romeo as they should be.
    If interested, I can turn you onto a couple really good Brown forums where some great talk/discussions go on. One of these forums is ran by Kosar's brother and several former Brown players. Most of the fans, who know anything about the game and are not simply casual fans; but really get involved in the study of the game and understand what needs to done, are very appreciative of Crennel. But you'll have some who will never be satisified. There is always that segment anywhere you go.

Here's one with several different talk forums, depending on the level of the discussion.....

http://browns.scout.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    I don't like excessive celebration on either side of the ball. I liken it to a form of taunting. If players want to mimick TO's antics, then what goes around comes around - and I look forward to those players getting their clocks cleaned someday. And I don't say that simpy about Johnson, but any player who IMO goes overboard. They are askig for it, and someone is gonna accomodate them.
    George Teague and Emmitt Smith say

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    As a Steeler fan, how do you feel about Sunday's game?

All due respect to you as a Steeler fan, but Pittsburgh has a very good chance of coming into that game down 1 full game.
    I think the Steelers may just collapse infront of everyone's eyes. They played tense and were coached terribly last night. Cowher has had success because his players believe, I think he may have lost them last night with some stuff.

That being said, if Cowher lets Ben make plays, they can win.

I wouldnt bet on it though...
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8
    I think the Steelers may just collapse infront of everyone's eyes. They played tense and were coached terribly last night. Cowher has had success because his players believe, I think he may have lost them last night with some stuff...
    Sounds like somebody doesn't care for onside kicks to start the 3rd quarter....or going for it on fourth and long with an entire quarter remaining....

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

...or caling a QB draw on 4th and 4....or not letting your QB take over the game....or letting a punk like Joey Porter cause more havoc before kickoff that after it...

it was a bad night for sure. however, the colts are pretty damn good.
    Last edited by deltachi8; 11-29-2005 at 03:12 PM.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

... or spewing spit like a malfunctioning water fountain

How can you not love this face?

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

There was a funny bit during halftime of MNF a few weeks ago. They were showing Cowher during different supposedly happy times of his life, his wedding, birth of his child, playing with the kids on Christmas, etc. In each picture, they had superimposed this scowl on his face. It was pretty funny.

The opening scene of "Baseketball" had the team scoring a touchdown lining up in a "Riverdance" chorus line.

Might as well go ahead, I guess it's inevitable.

Look at me, look at me, look at me!!!!!!

Strong and silent just doesn't play anymore.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Strong and silent just doesn't play anymore.
    NHL Hockey.

Turn Off Ads?