Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dayton beats UC 75-66

Retired

Dayton beats UC 75-66

First time Dayton has won in Cincy since 1971. I’ve been watching UC basketball for a long time, this is the worst defensive Bearcats team I’ve seen in 15 years, it’s horrible. After watching years of Huggins teams do 40 minute clinics of defense and rebounding the “new” version of UC basketball is painful to watch. We are going to be beaten to pulp by Memphis, and nearly every team in the Big East. A pretty sad display from a once proud program.

Congrats to Dayton on good win.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dayton beats UC 75-66

Go Flyers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Let's stop talking about those people and shun them as they deserve.

Joey is a Red for life. I really don't care if there are people that don't like it.

It's going to be a painful season.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Congrats to Dayton. They have a solid team this year.

UC is in for a long long season. If the fanbase is apathetic now, just wait until January when they are getting pounded by the other Big East schools.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    Congrats to Dayton. They have a solid team this year.

UC is in for a long long season. If the fanbase is apathetic now, just wait until January when they are getting pounded by the other Big East schools.
    Did you hear all the boo's when the game was over? I think it's going to get ugly for all parties involved. The Ch 9 interview with Zimpher was the most over hyped piece of useless trash I've seen in awhile. Softball questions and a bunch of spin. Of course Nancy wasn't afraid to whip out the gender card when discussing her critics.

For a Level Playing Field

As a lifelong UD fan, I kept expecting UC to grab the lead and pull away last night. I've seen it happen too many times in my lifetime when UC and UD play each other.

It seems as though UC cannot hit a shot from further than 12 feet. They did very well at the charity stripe, but could not hit a jumper to save their lives. Unless Hicks got the ball inside, it seemed less than likely that the Bearcats would score.

UD got blown out last week at Miami. After painfully watching that game, I did not hold my much hope for the Flyers to win at UC. But I guess that is why they play the game.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    It's going to be a painful season.
    Not for Xavier fans.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    UC athletics will lose a lot of money because of the Huggins fisaco.

Mens basketball attendance is WAY down, and it will drop exponentially once the team begins to lose. Last night, the Bearcats drew 9,199 versus Dayton. Compare that to the 13,176 that were in attendance the last time Dayton visited the Shoemaker Center (sorry, I refuse to call it the 5/3rd center) in 2003. Those numbers will only decrease as the losses begin to pile up.

The 2006 season will be even worse. Remember, UC waited until AFTER 2005 season tickets were purchased to fire Huggins. Next year, a whole bunch of fans who felt hoodwinked will choose not to renew their tickets on principal alone. Compounding the problem will be the fact that the team will: (a) be coming off a bad year (b) be losing five seniors (c) will have no incoming recruits to fill the roster.

Fans will stay away in droves in anticipation of a return to the Yates-era.
    Last edited by Steve4192; 11-30-2005 at 11:41 AM.

BTW, I'd like to make it clear that I don't have a huge problem with Huggins being let go. My problem is with (1) the timing (2) the manner in which it was done (3) the reasons given for the change.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook
    UC athletics will lose a lot of money because of the Huggins fisaco.
    The university as a whole has lost a lot of money already because of this fiasco. Donations are down across the board this year.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook
    BTW, I'd like to make it clear that I don't have a huge problem with Huggins being let go. My problem is with (1) the timing (2) the manner in which it was done (3) the reasons given for the change.
    I'm not a UC fan, but I have to agree with you. They should have let him go earlier and given the new coaching staff more time to get things together. That was very poorly done.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander
    Not for Xavier fans.

Word
    Go Gators!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I hope Nancy Zimpher got a good, hard look at the once upper tier basketball program she has destroyed. The UC team I know, win or lose, doesn't play that poorly.

Thanks Nancy to a job well done....
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 11-30-2005 at 03:19 PM.

She doesn't care about the basketball program.

Two years from now, no one else will, either. :thumbdown
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    Two years from now, no one else will, either. :thumbdown
    ... more like 4 months.

Turn Off Ads?