Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Should I sit Stephen Jackson this week?

Should I sit Stephen Jackson this week?

They're playing Washington (at home). They've really struggled running against teams that don't have awful defenses. I really think this is a week where he might do nothing. Problem is, my only real backup is Ronnie Brown who is going against Buffalo.

Also, Kevin Curtis is my third receiver and he's been an excellent player for me this year. I'm pretty good at #1 and #2 receiver. They start every week. But should I sit Curtis this week against Washington in favor of Marcus Robinson? I'm not reading too much into last week, because his only three catches were the TD catches and they totaled all of 32 yards. But they're playing against Detroit. It might be a better bet than Curtis against Washington. Another option would be Randel El against Cincinnati.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Should I sit Stephen Jackson this week?

I've got the exact same problem this week MWM with Jackson and Curtis. With Jackson I think I'm going to leave him in. My other options are Domanick Davis and Mewelde Moore and both have been too inconsistent for me to put in there. I think one adage about fantasy football is that you should never bench your studs, and I think Jackson has reached stud-status. In your case I'd say Jackson vs. Washington is a better matchup than Brown vs. Buffalo, one reason being that when he's struggling in the running game, the Rams have shown they'll go to Jackson in the passing attack to get him going. Can't say that I've seen the same thing with Brown.

Curtis is a different story. Even though he had a great game last week, I'm nowhere near convinced Fitzpatrick can do it again, so I've taken Curtis out of my starting lineup in favor of Andre Johson. I've got guys like Lelie and Engram on the bench, but I think I'm going to stick with Johnson. Curtis has performed better than I could have hoped for, but I think going up against a solid defense, having a rookie quarterback and being the third receiver now that Bruce and Holt are back are all fairly good reasons to sit him, at least for this week.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

Definitely stick with Jackson. St Louis likely will rely on him heavily with Fitzpatrick likely in there. LT lit up the Skins last week (not saying Jackson = LT).

I'd go with Curtis over Robinson because there is little chance of him repeating the performance. Curtis only had one catch but Robinson only had 30 yards. I take it you must start 3 WR?

Quote Originally Posted by kheidg-
    Definitely stick with Jackson. St Louis likely will rely on him heavily with Fitzpatrick likely in there. LT lit up the Skins last week (not saying Jackson = LT).

I'd go with Curtis over Robinson because there is little chance of him repeating the performance. Curtis only had one catch but Robinson only had 30 yards. I take it you must start 3 WR?
    I'd still go with Robinson over Curtis this week. Holt and Bruce are healthy and SJack will get a lot of carries against WAS. Holt and Bruce destroy the value of Curtis in fantasy leagues.

While Robinson probably won't have a similar game as last week, he has a better chance of scoring.

I agree with Buckeye (I hate saying that).

I'd start Stephen Jackson and Marcus Robinson.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Stephen Jackson got me -1 point against Arizona the previous week. That's what I'm worried about.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33
    I'd still go with Robinson over Curtis this week. Holt and Bruce are healthy and SJack will get a lot of carries against WAS. Holt and Bruce destroy the value of Curtis in fantasy leagues.

While Robinson probably won't have a similar game as last week, he has a better chance of scoring.
    As I said in another thread, Curtis is a strong start this week. The Skins passing defense has been shredded by WR as of late.

I hope you didn't start S. Jackson.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by kheidg-
    As I said in another thread, Curtis is a strong start this week. The Skins passing defense has been shredded by WR as of late.
    2 catches for 6 yards.

You all talked me into playing him. It's all your fault. Had I not started him, I would have started Ronnir Brown who had 11 points more than Jackson. That St. Louis Offensive Line is terrible. I've watched enough of Jackson to know the guy is a total stud. Put him behind a good line and he might be one of the best in the league. Unfortunately, it's rare that any RB can run when there's nowhere to go.

But I did sit Curtis.

Wow I totally blew the Curtis call. Robinson only had 30 yards so it wasn't too big of a deal.

Turn Off Ads?