Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Just got my new custom computer parts in..., And newegg.com screwed up. Suggestions?

Just got my new custom computer parts in..., And newegg.com screwed up. Suggestions?

So, I've spent 2 weeks doing research on building my own computer and I just got 2 of my 3 shipments in from newegg.com for my "dream" rig that I ordered Monday. Ok, so my 3rd one will get here tomorrow...so much for that 3-day shipping thing, but I can overlook that...just excited I get to build it this weekend.

So, I get off work at midnight tonight and rush home to open up my goodies and bask in all computer geekdom (well, as much as a 30 y.o. man can). I unpack the main box with the video card and such and have fun oooooohing and ahhhhing.

They shipped my case in the cases own box...taped up...good to go right? So i carefully peel the tape off and open the lid and then..............i see 8 thin boxes lined up inside, "hmmm....didnt know i had to assemble it...ok, no biggie...lets get to work!" I pull out one of the boxes.........."that's odd...why's it in a keyboard box?" I open up one of the 8 boxes.....and there is a logitech wired keyboard and mouse. "WTF!?!" So yeah, theres 8 keyboards and mice inside the case box. I'm amused, yet #$%^ FURIOUS.

So, when I call them tomorrow, I'm open to serious suggestions. I'm so pissed right now...I was actually taking 1/2 a day off tomorrow to build/install the new rig, but now, I'm case-less. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Suggestions on how to handle it?

I know the CSR is not at fault and I'm not going to be hostile on the phone. But they did ruin my plans for the weekend and I did spend $1500 at their store...so would I be out-of-line assuming some solid compensation is due my way?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Just got my new custom computer parts in..., And newegg.com screwed up. Suggestions?

I've never had any trouble with newegg before, sounds like a bad packing job.

I agree, you outta get something for it.
    Go Gators!

Re: Just got my new custom computer parts in..., And newegg.com screwed up. Suggestions?

doesn't newegg have a return policy?

I've never problems with newegg either.

I'm sure they will go out of their way to fix the mistake.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Shoulda went with CPU, SC. They are local, and have a pretty good rep. We order a lot of parts from them here at Amarillo College.

I agree that you should get something out of this. And I think you should come of at least a little irate.

Do you mind me asking what the specs are on the computer? I'm curious as to what $1500 gets you from newegg.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF

Do you mind me asking what the specs are on the computer? I'm curious as to what $1500 gets you from newegg.
    I'd die of happiness spending 1500 at newegg
    Go Gators!

How far is the nearest Fry's. I think Dallas???? Maybe a sidetrip from your poker games to a Fry's?

P.S. They now have a Fry's in Las Vegas, near the strip and Airport.

Turn Off Ads?