Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Joey' Out on Thursdays; 'Earl' In

Re: 'Joey' Out on Thursdays; 'Earl' In

I just don't understand why "The Office" is funny.

Maybe if you haven't had a horrible boss, it's funny, but I've had bosses like that. I've seen it a few times, and it's only funny (marginally) when the pompous boss has things blow up in his face.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

So, NBC is pushing its best new show (and really its only new show thats generating ratings and headlines) by putting it opposite CSI?

Yeah. Good move NBC - no wonder you suck these days.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    II love "The Office," too. It is the first new sitcom I have watched more than one episode of in over a decade.

That seems like as good an excuse as any for a useless trivia hijack: The audience for "The Office" has the highest average income of audiences for any current prime-time series. Even though the show has fairly low ratings, that audience-income statistic makes it highly desirable to advertisers,
    Interesting note, I saw an interview with Jerry Seinfeld who said that was the reason (the demographic that was watching) that NBC kept with his show the first 3-4 seasons even though ratings were not that great.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    So, NBC is pushing its best new show (and really its only new show thats generating ratings and headlines) by putting it opposite CSI?

Agreed, NBC needs to accept that they no longer own Thursdays.
    Go Gators!

Post To Contact

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    That's fantastic info, I was quite concerned after looking at some ratings for the show awhile ago.

The Office is just fantastic though and as much as I enjoyed it last season, it has really taken shape this season. I really didn't have much faith in regards to the characters properly developing but they have proved me wrong this year. It's ranking right up there with Curb Your Enthusiasm and Arrested Development for me.
    I like your taste in TV, missionhockey... those are also my three favorite current shows; in order, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Arrested Development, and The Office.

Unfortunately, from what I gather, Arrested Development may be on its last legs for real, after several scares in the past seasons. FOX cut the episode order this year from 22 to 13, which is usually the beginning chimes of the death toll for a show. The thing I am holding out hope for is news that there may be some cable outlets interested in picking up the show. I could see FOX sending it to FX, appeasing critics who deride them for the ridiculously stupid shows they have (i.e. Stacked and most, if not, all "reality" shows). But since Arrested is more expensive to produce than the average 30-minute show, going to pay cable, HBO, Showtime, wherever, may be the better option.
    “[He] called me a ‘rapist’ and a ‘recluse.’ I’m not a recluse.” - Mike Tyson

I was thinking the same thing. As much as like "Earl", I don't think it will compete with CSI

Quote Originally Posted by dman
    I was thinking the same thing. As much as like "Earl", I don't think it will compete with CSI
    Magnum PI once reigned insurmountably supreme.

Still does!
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Donkey
    I like your taste in TV, missionhockey... those are also my three favorite current shows; in order, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Arrested Development, and The Office.

Unfortunately, from what I gather, Arrested Development may be on its last legs for real, after several scares in the past seasons. FOX cut the episode order this year from 22 to 13, which is usually the beginning chimes of the death toll for a show. The thing I am holding out hope for is news that there may be some cable outlets interested in picking up the show. I could see FOX sending it to FX, appeasing critics who deride them for the ridiculously stupid shows they have (i.e. Stacked and most, if not, all "reality" shows). But since Arrested is more expensive to produce than the average 30-minute show, going to pay cable, HBO, Showtime, wherever, may be the better option.
    Yep, it seems like MOST people who enjoy one of those shows seems to enjoy at least one of the other two. Sadly AD could be at an end and will Larry David do a sixth season of CYE?

I will try to avoid the FOX rant, but when you are deciding to air "Skatin' With Celebrities" over a show like AD.... your network has it's priorities way out of order. Anyway, from what I have heard is that a possible move could be in the works (assuming FOX doesn't have a change of heart and decides to bring it back next season). Rumor is Showtime want's to pick it up to air with "Weeds." And Mitch Hurwitz said in the past that it did get canned, he would shop it around. I know it's rare for shows to get picked up by another network but then again I don't think many have the acclaim that "Arrested Development" does.

Did they have a choice? Seems like some version of CSI is on every night of the week....
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Yeah, but Thursday is the best version.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Yeah, but Thursday is the best version.
    Gotta disagree with you. CSI Miami is better cause of the eye candy on the show.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Gotta disagree with you. CSI Miami is better cause of the eye candy on the show.

David Caruso?

I pictured you as a Gary Sinise man myself - but whatever floats your boat.

- - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

David Caruso?

I pictured you as a Gary Sinise man myself - but whatever floats your boat.

At least I'm not a William Peterson guy like you. :
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

shhh! CBS tonight 10 ET/PT 9CT/MT be there. You'll thank me later.

Turn Off Ads?