Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Casey to the Red Sox?

Re: Casey to the Red Sox?

Quote Originally Posted by blumj
    Hi, Redszone people, any interest in a visiting Red Sox fan?
    Always interested in hearing from fans of other teams.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Always interested in another teams fan's opinion. Welcome to RZ.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Re: Casey to the Sox?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    ...he'd still immediately become the #2 starter on the Reds behind Aaron Harang and give the team at least 3 starters that don't totally make your stomach want to churn on a weekly basis.
    Who's the third?

Makes all the routine posts.

Re: Casey to the Sox?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    Who's the third?

Claussen showed promise.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

The article says the Sox are also looking for a right handed hitting outfielder.

How about Casey and Pena for Arroyo and Papelbon and a pitching prospect?

You guys are really fun to read, I've been lurking on and off here since we played you in interleague.

Do you really think Arroyo's a good fit, because he's a pretty extreme fly ball pitcher? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you had a real good homerun park, for hitters, and that's probably not a good place for Bronson. He has enough trouble with doubles at Fenway. I'd have thought you guys would have more interest in Clement, although he's got his own problems, too.

Porkchop Sandwiches

I would do Clement for Casey in a heartbeat.

I'd have thought you guys would have more interest in Clement, although he's got his own problems, too
    Can you confrm that Matt has issus with his asthma to the point that he wouldn't want to be in a humidor like Cincinnati? If that's true that his layer of problems gets another coat when looking at some cities.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Can you confrm that Matt has issus with his asthma to the point that he wouldn't want to be in a humidor like Cincinnati? If that's true that his layer of problems gets another coat when looking at some cities.
    You know, I wondered about that, because he had one start where I actually thought he was having an asthma attack, and it was like I was the only one who noticed, but he didn't last another inning after that. He's kind of an enigma, he had that strange bad start, then he got hit in the head a few starts later, but he pitched some of his best games in August when it's pretty bad here, and a real good one in Texas, and some of his worst in late Sept./Oct., when it was already practically fall here. That could be an issue with him, I just don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by MichReds
    The article says the Sox are also looking for a right handed hitting outfielder.

How about Casey and Pena for Arroyo and Papelbon and a pitching prospect?
    I hate to tell you, but Papelbon was so clearly the best pitcher on the Red Sox by Sept., not the best reliever or young pitcher, but the best pitcher, period, that Larry Lucchino, who's already in hiding over the Theo mess, would need a SWAT team to protect him if he traded Paps. People were saying he reminded them of a young Roger Clemens, which is obviously absurd, but he's the first young power pitcher the Sox have developed since Roger so he's untouchable if there is such a thing.

This makes too much sense for the Reds FO we know and love.

Youkilis and Arroyo for Casey--do it in a minute. Youkilis is about the only 1b that could replace the Mayor in that he's very local (his family goes back a few generations in the Cincy area) and he's younger, cheaper and IMO better than Casey. Arroyo is a viable SP, giving the Reds at least 3 going into ST (Harang, Claussen and Arroyo). And then with the cash saved, you can then still move Pena/Kearns for another starting pitcher (Zito?) and take on more salary.

Because there is light in this tunnel I'm confident DanO won't go this way!

Youkilis and Arroyo?

I'd settle for or.

Otherwise, yeah, what hit me immediately was that this makes too much sense. If it happens, I will have to give O'Brien some credit. Up to now, he hasn't shown that he can pull off a credible trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Centralchamps05
    This makes too much sense for the Reds FO we know and love.

Youkilis and Arroyo for Casey--do it in a minute.

I'd do it just to see the reaction of Reds fans if Arroyo grows out the dreads again.

What's Peter Gammons saying?
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

We have to remember, if this trade does not happen, it may not necessarily be DanO's fault. The article sounded like the BoSox were after Overbay as their first option. So it could go that way as well. But if given the opportunity, DanO better make it happen.

Turn Off Ads?