Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Top 40 Reds Prospects (Long)

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Re: My Top 40 Reds Prospects (Long)

Brian had a great season with the bat in Chattanooga and in the AFL. Hopefully he is able to keep hitting, because Dane Sardinha, ahead of him at AAA, is still better on defense. But the Reds aren't going to give Sardinha a chance until he hits. If LaRue is traded or injured, I can't see why the Reds wouldn't have the defensive confidence in Peterson (a few errors in the AFL aside) to call him up if he keeps hitting well.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    The Southern League managers rated Peterson the best defensive catcher in their AA league.
    Ed Taubensee once got that award in the minors.

your defense always looks better if you hit.

Very nice list.

I would make some minor changes, but nothing significant.

I like Chris Dickerson and Junior Ruiz. What's their prospedt status? Anyone think either one could be a starter at some point?

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

I do think AJ Zapp is too high up. Yeah, he's fun, holding the PCL record for Ks in a season and all (and he had to best Gorman Thomas and Rob Deer to do it!), but he's a fringe player.

Actually Zapp shouldn't be mentioned as a prospect.

hey RF that helped me out a lot, i didnt mind that it was a long read, thanks man.
    Let's make some noise!

I assume Taubensee did not get the award when he hit .187 for Chattanooga. Only years Taubensee hit in the minors was in the PCL with Cleveland and then Houston.

Yea, Peterson's performance in the AFL defensively would make one wonder, but he OPS'd about .800 in Chatt. Not sure if that is impressive enough to carry over to his defensive impressions. Could be though?

Zapp is not a prospect at all, he is 27 years old. I think if Crash Davis played in the reds organazation you would have listed him in the top 10!

Happy Birthday Redsmom. (17 Jan) Don't be a stranger.

Great, great post. I agree with the "I didn't know we had 40 prospects," and I don't want to sound like a nitpicker, but since Blanco's gone to the Nationals in the Rule fiver, who's the number 41 (now 40), RF? Can I nominate Chris Gruler? Or did I miss him?

Redsmom

Hello Doc Scott, Yes I guess My screen name gives me away......I am Brian's Mom, Mary.

Since we are talking about prospects, I thought it might be a good idea to review this same conversation from last December.

Turn Off Ads?