Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Game thread: Bengals and Steelers - part deux

Re: Game thread: Bengals and Steelers - part deux

Hines Ward is always imitating other people's celebrations. I think it's stupid. Be your own man, come up with your own silly little celebration. Imitating others in that respect is beyond lame.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    I don't think any Bengal fan has any misconception about the defense.

What we're happy about is the fact that they're 9-3.

Explain it away all you want, and then try to it explain it away when they win the division. I couldn't care less.

Are they gonna go deep into the playoffs?

Maybe.

What if they win a shootout or two in the playoffs? Will it be worth less than any other playoff win?

I really don't care if they get bounced in the first round. They're a work in progress, and they're the first team that I've rooted for that has had a winning record in six years. There's no way I can be dissappointed now, and there's no way that any of the naysayers can understand that because because none of you have had to endure fifteen years of losing football like most Bengals fans have.

I'm sorry that your world has been turned upside down now that the Bengals are winning, but you'd better get used to it. They aren't going anywhere for awhile.

No one's world has been turned upside down. Nor is anyone trying to make excuses or rationalize as to how/why the Bengals are winning. They're winning because they have a good team. I stated that the best thing the Bengals ever did towards turning this organization around was when they hired Lewis. I also stated on an thread earlier this season, when many Bengal fans were making predictions on how they'd finish (many said 10-6), that I boldly stated they'd finish 13-3.

Their losses coming to Indy, Steelers (split), and Jacksonville. So far so good, though they may get a fight/loss in KC at season's end due to the fact the game wouldn't matter and Lewis may pull players for the post-season.

But stating that their defense is pretty atrocious and may prove to be their downfall in the postseason is simply observing and pointing out the obvious....not saying anyone WANTS or HOPES this happens because they want the Bengals to fail.

I'm a Browns fans, yet I root for the Bengals because I'm a loyal Ohioan. With the exception of OSU as of late, this state has long periods without winners/champions.
    Last edited by GAC; 12-05-2005 at 08:39 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    Hines Ward is always imitating other people's celebrations. I think it's stupid. Be your own man, come up with your own silly little celebration. Imitating others in that respect is beyond lame.
    Johnson mimmicks TO and several other flashy receivers. Where do you think he got his schtick?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    No one's world has been turned upside down. Nor is anyone trying to make excuses or rationalize as to how/why the Bengals are winning. They're winning because they have a good team. I stated that the best thing the Bengals ever did towards turning this organization around was when they hired Lewis. I also stated on an thread earlier this season, when many Bengal fans were making predictions on how they'd finish (many said 10-6), that I boldly stated they'd finish 13-3.

Their losses coming to Indy, Steelers (split), and Jacksonville. So far so good, though they may get a fight/loss in KC at season's end due to the fact the game wouldn't matter and Lewis may pull players for the post-season.

But stating that their defense is pretty atrocious and may prove to be their downfall in the postseason is simply observing and pointing out the obvious....not saying anyone WANTS or HOPES this happens because they want the Bengals to fail.

I'm a Browns fans, yet I root for the Bengals because I'm a loyal Ohioan. With the exception of OSU as of late, this state has long periods without winners/champions.

Awww..C'mon, GAC.

You don't have to root for 'em, you're a Browns fan.

You should relish jumping on Chad Johnson for making one of his Muhammed Ali quotes, and you should be feeling a little envious, you're a Browns fan for crying out loud.

I don't expect you to be in the Bengals' corner.

You should probably bad mouth them more than you do.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Honestly: can anyone name a postseason-bound AFC team with a defense?

That may be all that matters. (Apologies if this has already been mentioned.)

Cuz I'd be perfectly fine running the Bengals up against Indy one more time. I'd take my chances.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    I had a prof at UC that let us smoke in class, she did as well.
    DAAP?
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Honestly: can anyone name a postseason-bound AFC team with a defense?

That may be all that matters. (Apologies if this has already been mentioned.)

Cuz I'd be perfectly fine running the Bengals up against Indy one more time. I'd take my chances.
    If the Bengals palyed the Colts ten times, they'd win five.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Turn Off Ads?