Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Re: You're Reggie Bush...

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    If I am Reggie Bush, I have insurance.
    Exact-a-mundo.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bush says stepdad is wrong
    LaMar Griffin was 'putting words in my mouth' in telling the media the tailback is ready for the NFL.

By TODD HARMONSON
    The Orange County Register

LOS ANGELES USC tailback Reggie Bush insisted Sunday that he hasn't decided if he will leave a season early for the NFL and said he told his father to stop saying it would happen.

LaMar Griffin, who actually is Bush's stepfather though neither uses the term, repeated in a televised interview Saturday assertions he has made to reporters that Bush is ready for the NFL. It was nothing new from Griffin, but it received significant attention that prompted Bush to pull him aside in the USC locker room.

"He was really putting words in my mouth," said Bush, who could be the top pick in the April draft but has said the potential need for shoulder surgery could prompt his return. "I talked to him about that. I haven't made any decision. I told him that for him to say that just really kind of put me out there and just put me with my back to the wall.

"So I talked to him about that and told him, 'If I haven't made a decision yet, you shouldn't be out there telling people what I'm gonna do or what you think I should do.'"

Trojans coach Pete Carroll said he will meet with USC players such as Bush who are considering leaving early the week before Christmas. Tailback LenDale White, wide receiver Steve Smith, offensive linemen Winston Justice and Fred Matua, safety Darnell Bing and defensive end Lawrence Jackson all are potential candidates.

Carroll is adamant that players should stay in school, though he conceded there are rare exceptions and said Bush might be one.

NOTES

The Trojans won't begin Rose Bowl practices until Saturday so they can concentrate on finals. ... Bush, quarterback Matt Leinart, wide receiver Dwayne Jarrett and left guard Taitusi Lutui will leave Wednesday to attend an awards show in Orlando, and Bush and Leinart should be in New York for Saturday's Heisman Trophy presentation.

I think the better question is do the Colts rest their guys once they clinch home field? How important is an undefeated season versus getting some rest for the nagging injuries?
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Cruisin' for trouble

We are talking about Reggie Bush, right? Not Ricky Williams?

Turn Off Ads?