Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Did Chad Bite Off More Than He Can Chew?

Re: Did Chad Bite Off More Than He Can Chew?

And his antics have helped the Bengals get some national attention before winning took care of the rest.
    Yeah, I agree totally with this. Compare the media coverage of the Bengals and the Seahawks this year. Chad is the reason why Cincinnati is all over everything, and I enjoy that. It's not something you see very often when you root for Cincinnati sports.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

2. Turn Off Ads?

No, GAC, that was a general comment. Chad is just displaying his personality and happens to have a job that people write down what he says when he runs his mouth. I don't think his antics are a detriment to the team, when he starts to get out of hand, Marvin reels him back in. No harm, no foul in my book. I just think fans, in general, get all wrapped up in players trash talking when it has little to no effect on the field of play. Now, when you regularly rip your teammates publicly like the TO/McNabb problem, that's another story. And I don't think you represented the Jacksonville postgame comments properly. Carson made it pretty clear that he and Chad were fine.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Chad is all about positivity. That's why I'm okay with what he says.

It's all relatively tongue-in-cheek and he's a very likable guy. I've got no problem with anything he says.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    Which is why they picked him off five times and blew them out in Soldier Field.
    That was my point. Some folks were acting like if we played the Vikes or Bears now, the results would somehow be markedly different. I strongly disagree with those sentiments.

Turn Off Ads?