Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott Stapp from Creed partners with MLB

Re: Scott Stapp from Creed partners with MLB

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    Hey I like Weezer. A lot.

My hippy friends think I'm insane. (for that and many other reasons)
    Three words, Bowling for Soup.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

In my garage was a good track. I think Pinkerton was the best, then it all went away.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Nd2
    MLB's been pimping Jimmy Buffett on the Red Sox site too.

I'm still undecided if this is a bad thing though.

I think they should stay out of the music biz. I'll leave it at that.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Nd2
    I appreciate the time that critics take to actually listen to said bands and offer an intelligent critique. I can't possibly listen to everything thats recorded and the opinions of others have often turned me onto bands I never would have listened to otherwise. I find critics and even the opinions of laymen to be quite valuable.

I'm curious, do you feel this way about books, movies, baseball players, art, video games, etc.?
    With the exception of baseball players, yes, I do feel that way. All those things are extremely subjective... everyone has their own tastes, which is why they're considered subjective.

I'm in no way saying that these things can not be critiqued, but bashed is something else entirely.

For what it's worth, when a supposed expert or reviewer gives me his own reasons not to like something subjective, that's my first clue to find out for myself. After doing so, I often disagree with the reviewer... simply because his/her taste is different from mine.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

My sister really likes "Godsmack". As you can imagine, we have great *discussions* about that fact. (especially since she's 45)

My sister really likes "Godsmack". As you can imagine, we have great *discussions* about that fact. (especially since she's 45)
    So do I, but I can totally understand why many might not.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I like to refer to Godsmack as Alice in Chains ultra lite.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    So do I, but I can totally understand why many might not.
    FWIW, I think they're better than Creed. I just found it odd that my older sister who used to listen to Kenny G is into them now.

I think Pinkerton was the best, then it all went away.
    I like to ride my bike real fast and listen to the Green album.

Weezer reminds me alot of Cheap Trick in the late 70's, they are somewhat irreverent and can turn it up to eleven with hooks that satiate my AM radio weaned boomer brain.

We should have a competition for rep points on the exact date Stapp signs up for Surreal life.

I just found it odd that my older sister who used to listen to Kenny G is into them now.
    She had the crappy Spirit albums and had a thing for Duke Jupitar

Funny story, the first concert rock type concert I ever went to was a Creed concert. I'm pretty embarrassed about now so I try to keep focus on the Dave Matthews Band show I went to the next summer. I just remember it this way, my friend was a big Creed fan and convinced me to go and I was a DMB fan and I convinced him to go. My friend and i have been to 9 DMB shows together since so I always remind him back then I did have the better music taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    We should have a competition for rep points on the exact date Stapp signs up for Surreal life.

Sooner rather than later, but only if the guys from 311 are on it. After what went down between them a couple weeks ago how funny would it be to see that?

I just found it odd that my older sister who used to listen to Kenny G is into them now.
    I like Kenny G too.

And that's part of what I mean. I like a whole lot of different kinds of music, usually mood dependent. Other people sometimes like different stuff... and that's ok. Just because I don't like them, doesn't mean they stink.

I think they should stay out of the music biz. I'll leave it at that.
    Well, you started it. On the one hand, I have no problem with MLB trying to draw new fans to baseball using what they feel are the best possible methods. It can only help to broaden the appeal of the sport. On the other hand, I think of Spiderman's face plastered on bases around the diamond. I shudder at that thought.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Turn Off Ads?