Re: Scott Stapp from Creed partners with MLB

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Nd2
    Well, you started it.
    that I did.
    School's out. What did you expect?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    I'm in no way saying that these things can not be critiqued, but bashed is something else entirely.
    That is the difference that caused my confusion over your original post. I understand where your coming now and offer my appologies for the confusion. I don't really think pedro was bashing Creed with his comment though. An opinion is one thing, bashing is quiet another. For an example, check out any BF thread.

For what it's worth, when a supposed expert or reviewer gives me his own reasons not to like something subjective, that's my first clue to find out for myself. After doing so, I often disagree with the reviewer... simply because his/her taste is different from mine.
    Oh me too! I've usually made my mind up before hand whether or not I want to check out something. A critic won't change that at all. Maybe though, they give me a reason to check it out when I wouldn't normally have done so. But, if someone whose opinions I respect on other things, says something sucks, I'm going to give that some weight when deciding if I really want to watch, read, listen, etc.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    that I did.
    It really is a good topic pedro. Just how and how far should MLB go in promoting the sport?
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    I like to ride my bike real fast and listen to the Green album.

Weezer reminds me alot of Cheap Trick in the late 70's, they are somewhat irreverent and can turn it up to eleven with hooks that satiate my AM radio weaned boomer brain.
    Yeah, weezer is just great catchy pop. Rivers knows how to do it. My name is Jonas is one of my favorite all time tracks.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Nd2
    It really is a good topic pedro. Just how and how far should MLB go in promoting the sport?
    I think, as has been somewhat born out in a very short time in this thread, that MLB should probably look towards other avenues rather than tie-ins with rock muscians in its' attempt to expand its' fan base, especially if this is being done to attract a younger audience as younger people are usually much more passionate about their musical tastes IMO.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    I think, as has been somewhat born out in a very short time in this thread, that MLB should probably look towards other avenues rather than tie-ins with rock muscians in its' attempt to expand its' fan base, especially if this is being done to attract a younger audience as younger people are usually much more passionate about their musical tastes IMO.
    Look at the NBA and NFL, they are both using music extensively to promote their sports to the younger generation and they are both doing better at attracting my generation than baseball has done. I go up and down the hall in my dorm any time during the year and I have yet to see groups of guys playing MLB 2005. Heck even last year when it first came out in the spring no one was playing. The NFL, NCAA football and basketball, and NBA are king with the college age crowd. That's a shame because if the MLB did a better marketing job I'm sure they could attract a whole lot more people.

if you can, find an MP3 of HammerFall's "Let the Hammer Fall." listen especially to the last 30 seconds or so of it (starting at the 3:40 mark). then tell me that it wouldn't be perfect to market your closer with (assuming that he has a nasty slider, curve, or slurve).

as well, if you have a guy who's intenionally walked a lot (and not with a steroid bonds like personality) playing the chorus to "Walk" by Pantera would be a good marketing tool as well:

"RE-
    SPECT
    WALK
    what did you say?
    RE-
    SPECT
    WALK
    are you talking to me?"
    Last edited by Ravenlord; 12-08-2005 at 02:05 AM.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Why is that MLB can never do anything right? Someone, please tell us. Are the other sports smarter, have better marketing... perhaps big payrolls in that department? There's got to be a reason... or is it just Bud?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

For a Level Playing Field

Why is that MLB can never do anything right? Someone, please tell us. Are the other sports smarter, have better marketing... perhaps big payrolls in that department? There's got to be a reason... or is it just Bud?
    I see it this way... when you choose an individual or group to perform music, you will always have certain types who do not like that person or group. There are lots of musical performers/groups that I do not like. There are many individuals/groups that I do like. For every Scott Stapp fan, there may be a Scott Stapp "non-liker". It may be the music and/or it may be his personality. The guy's group, Creed, did sell millions of records though. Therefore, someone must like him and/or his former group.

No matter who you choose for something like this, there will be those who do not like it. And, as most of us know, the non-likers will be the loudest and will be heard louder than those who may like that musical person/group.

Turn Off Ads?