Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN: Reds trade for Womack

Re: ESPN: Reds trade for Womack

Quote Originally Posted by shredda2000
    I heard two minor leaguers...anyone else hear anything different?
    God this is incredible. DanO, you are so fired it's pathetic. You're also creating a situation that will make a new GM work their butt off just to get back to ground zero.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

He isnt that bad guys... he was a catalyst for St. Louis during the pennant run in 04... Hopefully he'll return to that form... Plus it gives us insurance since he can play both infield/outfield, like Freel.

Retired

CBS Sportsline is reporting that Kevin Howard is being send to the Yanks in the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfan
    He isnt that bad guys... he was a catalyst for St. Louis during the pennant run in 04... Hopefully he'll return to that form... Plus it gives us insurance since he can play both infield/outfield, like Freel.
    He was still below average offensively that year. Womack is pathetic. He can't hit and isn't a particularly great fielder. He wouldn't be a bad pinch run guy.

I prey thta the Yanks are covering his salary and are getting 2 fringe prospects that have no chance of making it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    CBS Sportsline is reporting that Kevin Howard is being send to the Yanks in the deal.
    Dumb. I bet Howard would be a better bet in the majors RIGHT NOW over Womack.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns
    I try my hardest to defend DOB. But c'mon give me something to work with here. If we are paying the full amount we are wasting the Casey trade.

Casey and 2 minor leaguers for Dave Williams, Tony Womack and 3M (Maybe Aurilia or someone not that good). Horrible.
    Welcome to the dark side. We have no doughnuts though. BadFundamentals keeps them all over on the "Adma Dunn Strikes Out Too Much" side.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    Welcome to the dark side. We have no doughnuts though. BadFundamentals hoards them.
    Well, DOB ate all the doughnuts on my side anyways. No big loss there.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Did they say 2 MINOR LEAGUERS? or 2 Players to be named later? Big difference. I'm praying my guts out that one of the players going to the Yanks is Eric Milton. That's the only thing Dan O could do to keep me from urinating on the field on Opening Day.
    if it was milton or any other 40 manner, why wouldnt it not just be announced

I
    hate
    Dan
    O'Brien

The Casey deal is one thing. I can deal with that. It wasn't a HORRIBLE trade. We saved alot of money, and got a pitcher better than some of the pitchers we pitched last year. More importantly, we fixed the OF problem.

But then, he offers arbitration to Rich Aurilia. Ugh.

Now, he's trading for Tony freaking Womack. TONY WOMACK. Someone kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns
    dan o is the dumbest man alive. and if the new owners(who i have backed) have anything to do with this, MLB DO NOT APPROVE SALE

Womack's only possible use is as a pinch runner and pinch runners shouldn't be paid $2 million per. If we give him and his monster .556 OPS / 47 OPS+ any at bats it would be too many.

The Yanks must have dirt on OBrien.
    Last edited by swityak11; 12-08-2005 at 01:14 PM.

For Kevin Howard.. OMG... I hope he goes off and becomes a hall of famer...~!

Yeah I would have at least given it a chance, however we all thought Chris Booker was better than he was also. Or Brandon Larson AKA Mr. 4A. I see a platoon situation w/ Freel & Womack at 2B it could be worse. They are both simply a stop gap measure at this point until Bergolla can figure how to use a wooden stick. However I would (A) hope that Aurilia doesn't accept arbitration so we can get a draft pick, and (B) hope that the NYY's at least are going to pay some or all of Womacks contract! Another possible note is if we can find a legit 2B between now & the beginning of the season we could deal him or let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo
    Yeah I would have at least given it a chance, however we all thought Chris Booker was better than he was also. Or Brandon Larson AKA Mr. 4A. I see a platoon situation w/ Freel & Womack at 2B it could be worse. They are both simply a stop gap measure at this point until Bergolla can figure how to use a wooden stick. However I would (A) hope that Aurilia doesn't accept arbitration so we can get a draft pick, and (B) hope that the NYY's at least are going to pay some or all of Womacks contract! Another possible note is if we can find a legit 2B between now & the beginning of the season we could deal him or let him go.
    HOW COULD IT BE WORSE? bergolla is better than womak. howard may never turn into anything, but you have to look at it first. he was a good hitter, a switch hitter. and we gave him up for junk. we could have let him play, hit 000 and still trade him for womak. womak is that bad and the yankees wanted to get rid of him that bad

Well it seems to me the Castinelli is starting to bring in his own players with Womack coming to Cincinnati. That's the only that can even make a bit of sense unless we all can't think of a better excuse and blame O'Brien.

Turn Off Ads?