Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN: Reds trade for Womack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ESPN: Reds trade for Womack

on other board. we will be challenging for all time futility in strikeouts and fielding % this year

Re: ESPN report: Reds get Womack for PTBNL

Um, he steals a lot of bases?

(I'm testing a new "find the bright side" approach. so may have to find a new team to support.)
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

maybe if we're lucky the ptbnl will be homer bailey??
    Go BLUE!!!

Oh gross. Womack was one of the worst position players in baseball last year.

Even if we gave up nothing, we were just robbed.
    Last edited by swityak11; 12-08-2005 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swityak11
    Oh gross. Womack was one of the worst position players in baseball last year.

Even if we gave up nothing, we were just robbed.
    exactly. some will say how can you complain, we gave up nothing. but nothing is more than you should pay for this guy. we will lose more games for having him here than if he wasnt. and they talk NON STOP about getting pitching. yet they go and spend money that could be spent on pitching, on tony womak.

Retired

It's official, oh goodie.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2252378

Associated Press

DALLAS -- The New York Yankees traded Tony Womack to the Cincinnati Reds on Thursday, getting rid of the second baseman-turned-outfielder just one season after signing him.

The trade was to be announced later Thursday, a high-ranking baseball official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because the teams had not publicly confirmed the swap. It was not immediately known what the Yankees were getting in return.

Womack hit .307 to help St. Louis win the NL pennant in 2004, then became a free agent and signed a $4 million, two-year contract with the Yankees.

He was their starting second baseman for the first month of the season, but lost his job when the Yankees brought up rookie Robinson Cano. Womack wound up playing just 24 games in second and was shifted to the outfield, where he appeared 40 times in left, 22 in center and four in right.

Womack wound up batting just .249 with 15 RBI and 27 steals. He didn't get an at-bat during New York's five-game loss to the Los Angeles Angels in the first round of the playoffs.

Re: ESPN: Reds trade for Womack

The only way this is a good deal is if it's a bluff to get Aurilia to reject arbitration since Womack would be his replacement. Then, after Aurilia rejects it, the Reds release Womack. But the Reds are too dumb to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    The only way this is a good deal is if it's a bluff to get Aurilia to reject arbitration since Womack would be his replacement. Then, after Aurilia rejects it, the Reds release Womack. But the Reds are too dumb to do that.
    I can only hope this is the scenario....kill two (old) birds with one stone.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

The trade as just mentioned on MLB Radio says it's for TWO players to be announced.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

A Lost Ball In High Weeds shredda2000's Avatar

Just announced on MLB.com...Womack for 2 minor leaguers (not named)

Quote Originally Posted by shredda2000
    Just announced on MLB.com...Womack for 2 minor leaguers (not named)
    Did they say 2 MINOR LEAGUERS? or 2 Players to be named later? Big difference. I'm praying my guts out that one of the players going to the Yanks is Eric Milton. That's the only thing Dan O could do to keep me from urinating on the field on Opening Day.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

A Lost Ball In High Weeds shredda2000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Did they say 2 MINOR LEAGUERS? or 2 Players to be named later? Big difference. I'm praying my guts out that one of the players going to the Yanks is Eric Milton. That's the only thing Dan O could do to keep me from urinating on the field on Opening Day.
    I heard two minor leaguers...anyone else hear anything different?

Quote Originally Posted by shredda2000
    I heard two minor leaguers...anyone else hear anything different?
    God this is incredible. DanO, you are so fired it's pathetic. You're also creating a situation that will make a new GM work their butt off just to get back to ground zero.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    if it was milton or any other 40 manner, why wouldnt it not just be announced

Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?Why? Why? Why?Why? Why? Why?Why? Why? Why?Why? Why? Why?

Turn Off Ads?