Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN: Reds trade for Womack

Re: ESPN: Reds trade for Womack

DanO confirmed today that he is an incompetent boob. Why spend money on Tony Womack?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote from a Yankee board... ha.
    These minor leaguers the Yanks are getting for Womack, are they still, you know, alive? Just asking. I mean, it's not a deal breaker if they aren't...

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang
    Well it seems to me the Castinelli is starting to bring in his own players with Womack coming to Cincinnati. That's the only that can even make a bit of sense unless we all can't think of a better excuse and blame O'Brien.
    This is a Dan O'Brien trade.

The new owner told him that he wanted to win....NOW, so no prospects. Trade for veteran or experienced major league players. This is what Dan O'Brien has given us under those demands. He needs months to work out deals like these, not hours. He's a clueless moron who has no business carrying around a business card that says GM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    This is a Dan O'Brien trade.

The new owner told him that he wanted to win....NOW, so no prospects. Trade for veteran or experienced major league players. This is what Dan O'Brien has given us under those demands. He needs months to work out deals like these, not hours. He's a clueless moron who has no business carrying around a business card that says GM.
    I not going to create a huge argument but doesn't it make sense that first O'Brien confirmed talks with Matt Morris's agent about Matt Morris and now trading for Womack that were seeing part of the Cardinals' organization coming to Cincinnati. I don't care if you think O'Brien is incompetent for the job because it seems to me that he's not making this deal. So argue around the facts to show superiority over me but I guess your hatred makes you unable to see what is really happening.

Quote Originally Posted by swityak11
    Quote from a Yankee board... ha.
    thank you for making me laugh. I needed that.
    School's out. What did you expect?

I just read a post on John Sickels' website that says the 2nd ptba is Rafael Gonzalez. I will be so p*ssed if that is true.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    thank you for making me laugh. I needed that.
    Apparently, getting a ballplayer that showed any signs of life wasn't a dealbreaker for DanO either.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by OSURedLeg
    I just read a post on John Sickels' website that says the 2nd ptba is Rafael Gonzalez. I will be so p*ssed if that is true.
    it's Ben Himes.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    it's Ben Himes.
    and $900,000 coming to the Reds per the Segman on 700.

I not going to create a huge argument but doesn't it make sense that first O'Brien confirmed talks with Matt Morris's agent about Matt Morris and now trading for Womack that were seeing part of the Cardinals' organization coming to Cincinnati. I don't care if you think O'Brien is incompetent for the job because it seems to me that he's not making this deal. So argue around the facts to show superiority over me but I guess your hatred makes you unable to see what is really happening.
    What?

All I'm saying is that the new owner, Castellini, told O'Brien to make some trades to improve the Reds NOW. He didn't want prospects that will develop in 5-7 years, he wanted players that will make an immediate impact. Since Dan O'Brien is fully incapable of this in general, and even worse under time constraints, you get a trade like this.

I can't see Castellini directly telling O'Brien to trade Kevin Howard and Ben Himes for Tony Womack, or even telling O'Brien to get Tony Womack for whoever for that matter.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I can't see Castellini directly telling O'Brien to trade Kevin Howard and Ben Himes for Tony Womack, or even telling O'Brien to get Tony Womack for whoever for that matter.
    I can see Castellini saying to go get Tony Womack but that's just me. I respect your opinion and our differences.

I can see Castellini saying to go get Tony Womack but that's just me. I respect your opinion and our differences.
    Lets hope that's not true.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    Lets hope that's not true.
    harangatang: Obviously, I can't say 100% who is behind this move.

I'm trying to pin this all on O'Brien so that when he is fired in the near future I can say "Wheeew. That's over. Time to move on. Only way to go is up..." and have some hope. Plus, its something I can see O'Brien doing, under a time constraint, and orders to improve the team with major league players and not prospects.

If Castellini is behind all of this, we're screwed, for a very, very long time.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

And if it is true, let's hope that after the change-of-hands the new ownership will hire someone who knows what he's doing to make such decisions.

"Wheeew. That's over. Time to move on. Only way to go is up..." and have some hope.
    Unfortunantly, it's beginning to look like the Reds are further from up than they were, oh like 4 hours ago.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Turn Off Ads?