Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congrats to letsgojunior and WilyMoROCKS!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Congrats to letsgojunior and WilyMoROCKS!

Send these guys some love, they just survived their first law school exams on this past Friday.

Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Congrats to letsgojunior and WilyMoROCKS!

The party of the first part congratulates the party of the second part.

Makes all the routine posts.

There's nothing quite like taking a 3.5 hour law school exam, typing until literally the last second, spotting like 37,000 issues to discuss, realizing halfway through the essay that "OH MY GOD - THIS MIGHT BE A SALE OF GOODS!", copying and pasting like a madwoman, reorganizing and starting to cry, then of course handing it in and realizing like 55,000 possible arguments that could have been made.

And then afterwards, while driving home and minding your own business, proceeding to hit a patch of ice, spin out of control and cross into oncoming traffic, hit an oncoming car, and proceed to completely destroy (and now apparently, total) your car.

The life of a first year law student.

Awww, thx a bunch CE & RL. Sorry to hear about your misfortune, LGJ! As if you need one more thing to worry about this time of year!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    The party of the first part congratulates the party of the second part.

Joke thief..I'm sueing!

Congrats WMR and LGJ
    Go Gators!

K:

Don't feel bad. The Reds Report was going to have a hilarious line about Pokey blocking Griff's use of #3, ala Tony Perez. Alas, ORH stole my idea the day before I thought of it.

Makes all the routine posts.

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

I forgot to warn you both that mid-term contract exams are notorious for having a sale-of-goods ucc v. non-ucc trick in them. A lot of professors set it up so that it can be argued either way, and want you to focus on the other issues.
    ". . . acquiring J. Blanton from Oakland for, apparently, Bailey/Cueto, Votto and a lesser prospect. I do it in a second . . . The Reds' equation this year is simple: Make Matt Belisle your #3 starter . . . trade for Blanton, win 85 or more, be in the mix all summer." - Paul Daugherty, Feb. 8, 2008

I spent about 10 pages on other issues - lol.
    Last edited by letsgojunior; 12-10-2005 at 05:21 PM.

Congrats to both of you. What areas of law are you guys going into?
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Congrats to both of you. What areas of law are you guys going into?
    I'd like to do something in intellectual property law / Corporate law. Case offers a Law & Technology concentration that I'll probably go for.

This is an area of law that is experiencing good growth right now, and I think it'd be really interesting work.

Anyway, your schedule is pretty much completely chosen for you with the exception being that 2nd semester you can pick one of seven or so "overview" courses which gives you an idea of just what that area of law is all about. I'm taking the I.P. Survey class next semester, so after that class I'll probably have a much better idea if that is indeed the area of law that I want to pursue (plus work this summer).
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

seriously - congrats to both of you for making it thru the meat grinder.

It's all easy from here right? heh....

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    I'm taking the I.P. Survey class next semester.
    I'm taking it right now, and have my final exam on Dec. 20th.

If you like, pls. remind me over X-mas and I'll email you my outline. Same goes for LGJ...

However, you might want to find out how I do on my final before asking for that outline.
    ". . . acquiring J. Blanton from Oakland for, apparently, Bailey/Cueto, Votto and a lesser prospect. I do it in a second . . . The Reds' equation this year is simple: Make Matt Belisle your #3 starter . . . trade for Blanton, win 85 or more, be in the mix all summer." - Paul Daugherty, Feb. 8, 2008

Congratulations are definitely deserved. Getting through these exams, as well as the ones at the end of the first year, should provide you with the experience and confidence to get you well on your way to graduation, admission to the bar and your careers as legal counsel. It's a great vocation, but extremely demanding in intellectual, ethical and political contexts so the work only increases. So, I hope you like the legal profession, because you're on your way down that road.

Q. "What do you call two RedsZone posters at the bottom of the ocean?"

Won't bother with the punchline...I'm sure you two have heard it ad nauseum. Congrats, in all seriousness!
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

Congratulations WilyMoRocks and letsgojunior!

I try to go at law school exams with the mentality of a cornerback. Focus on the task at hand and do your best. Once it's over, don't think about whether you got burned. Forget about it and move on to the next one.

Turn Off Ads?