Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OldRightHander - Great Post

OldRightHander - Great Post

I needed a good laugh. There must not be many of us with a sense of humor left. Thanks for the post

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: OldRightHander - Great Post

This thread lacks a certain level of specificity.

Makes all the routine posts.

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

You and I disagree. I thought it was out of line.

(referring to the original post on this thread.)

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Well, just for the record, my intent in that post was just to poke some fun at DanO, in a somewhat satirical manner, and I guess I went a bit over the top with that one. If anyone was rubbed the wrong way I'm sorry. To those who thought it was funny, that was my intent all along, but it does appear that I didn't accurately judge what the reaction would be. I'll try to keep any further satire a bit more tame.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander
    Well, just for the record, my intent in that post was just to poke some fun at DanO, in a somewhat satirical manner, and I guess I went a bit over the top with that one. If anyone was rubbed the wrong way I'm sorry. To those who thought it was funny, that was my intent all along, but it does appear that I didn't accurately judge what the reaction would be. I'll try to keep any further satire a bit more tame.
    I dont think it was the joking that rubbed people the wrong way. It was that it was extremely real until about the 3rd paragraph or so. Thread title, AP story, date, realistic quotes and so on.

Personally I could care less, I know better by now to read everything.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

I certainly did not have a problem with it. I enjoyed it. I needed a good laugh too. There are always people ready to pounce. You just have to be prepared to be pounced on. My Dad posts history tid bits on Redszone and there are people who do not like that... Can't make everyone happy just have to respect them and go on your Merry way.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    My Dad posts history tid bits on Redszone and there are people who do not like that....
    Really? I've always enjoyed reading them. That's surprising.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Yeah really. He has shared some e-mails/PM's with me that shocked me. He'll never say it but I will. Takes all kinds I guess.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    Yeah really. He has shared some e-mails/PM's with me that shocked me. He'll never say it but I will. Takes all kinds I guess.
    I always enjoyed reading linedriver's posts. To each their own, I suppose.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    I always enjoyed reading linedriver's posts. To each their own, I suppose.
    Me too.

Why on earth would people get ticked off by linedriver's posts? That makes zero sense. Very weird.

Truth be told I honestly don't know why people get their panties in a bunch over posts that aren't personal or degrading to individuals--busybodies I guess.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Loved the post ORH. Keep up the good work.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

ORH let me just say this. Why in the world wouldn't we trade for Palmer over Kitna? Palmers velocity is outstanding and his control is impeccable and talk about intangibles! No seriously some might think it's not funny, (it was kinda cruel, in a good way) but the fact is some really needed a wake up call on how we would feel if we actually did trade Dunn. To all who this applies, Stop trying to trade Dunner he is the real deal!!!!

Once my heart palpitations subsided, I thought it was very clever writing.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I loved it! Lets try to keep our sense of humor intact on here folks. I likened it to the occassional musings of BCubb, which I always enjoy reading.

If anyone, after reading the darn title "Dunn Traded To Bengals", still took it seriously and didn't or couldn't see it was simply humor and meant as tongue-in-cheek, then they have bigger problems IMO. I mean C'mon! Lighten up.

I thought it was great!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

This whole thing is really not such a big deal. It's just that this kind of topic has been tried before and was shot down by various posters, including Boss. Seems to me that the integrity of the board would be damaged if this type of thread became commonplace.

And you probably weren't aware, GAC, that the original title of the thread was "Dunn traded!" and someone (maybe one of the mods or maybe ORH) changed it only after lots of folks had clicked on it.

Turn Off Ads?