Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dunn for Lidge?

Re: Dunn for Lidge?

Quote Originally Posted by Astrobuddy
    Jpup... you arent seriously comparing Adam Dunn to Albert Pujols are you?
    Read it in context. The article he quoted said that the Cardinals said Lidge had the sickest stuff of anyone in the NL. Jpup said he bet the Cardinals wouldn't trade Albert Pujols for him. It was meant as sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Dunn is one of the key components to keep and build a team around. Trading him would be a huge mistake.

Trade him or lose him as a free agent. Thats Cinci's choice.

Dunn will not be a Red after he becomes a Free Agent.
    Rabid Astros Fan !

Thanks Rasputian, but regardless he's theirs for 2 more years.

IF he becomes a Free Agent

Somehow I don't think an ASTRO fan is a reliable source
    Go Gators!

Nor is a Red's fan a credible source using that math.

He will be a Free Agent or he will be traded and he will be a Houston Astro.

Pretty much everyone outside of Cinci knows this.
    Rabid Astros Fan !

Astrobuddy you're getting all Viking on us eh?

Just gonna plunder and take what ya want.... who do you think we are?

Spec Richardson?

Not at all.. I just know that Dunn wants to play in Houston and Houston wants him here. After 2007 the Astros will have tons of money to throw at him.

The Reds just cant match it.
    Rabid Astros Fan !

Not at all.. I just know that Dunn wants to play in Houston and Houston wants him here. After 2007 the Astros will have tons of money to throw at him.

Be sure to move him to first.

Them gams are gonna go. And how.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

If he goes FA, then it will be about the Money first near home second..he'll go where the cash is with it being his first FA contract and the Astros won't be the only team offering it, expect the big market clubs to offer a LOT more.

Think he's different then any other baseball player? HA

Go Gators!

Do you have anything else to add to the conversation, or are you just going to continue :deadhorse?

You've already shown a general lack of understanding in regards to the Free Agency rules as they apply to Dunn. Really not much point in you flaunting your "I'm from outside of Cincy" insider knowledge.

I was also man enought to admit that i was wrong in regards to Dunn's status.

Dunn is from the Houston area, thus a TON of his friends and relatives are here as well. They talk, other people talk, he lives here in the off season. Thats how I KNOW he wants to be with the Astros, NOT the Reds.

Houston is a big market team and when you take into consideration that Texas has NO state income tax and it is his home and the Astros are the team he grew up watching.

Houston can force any other team to WAY overpay to get him which hamstrings them in other areas. IN other words, the Reds cant afford to top Houstons offer and the other teams cant top it being his home.

I am not saying it is impossible for another team to sign him, but it will be very hard.

This is the reason the Reds cant trade him for what they want out of him. Teams know they will lose him.
    Rabid Astros Fan !

I was also man enought to admit that i was wrong in regards to Dunn's status.

Dunn is from the Houston area, thus a TON of his friends and relatives are here as well. They talk, other people talk, he lives here in the off season. Thats how I KNOW he wants to be with the Astros, NOT the Reds.

Houston is a big market team and when you take into consideration that Texas has NO state income tax and it is his home and the Astros are the team he grew up watching.

Houston can force any other team to WAY overpay to get him which hamstrings them in other areas. IN other words, the Reds cant afford to top Houstons offer and the other teams cant top it being his home.

I am not saying it is impossible for another team to sign him, but it will be very hard.

This is the reason the Reds cant trade him for what they want out of him. Teams know they will lose him.

He can still live in Houston for half of the year and suit up for the Yankees. Trust me, someone will outbid you for Dunn's services when the time comes--and he'll follow the money.

But you raise a good point: the Reds need to act on trading the guy sooner rather than later.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

The Yankees dont have that kind of pull anymore. When was the last time they outbid anyone for a FA. The Yankees are just a place for overpaid veterans to go. The Mets, Red Sox and other big spenders are all spending too much now.

Houston in 2008 will no longer have Biggio, Bagwell or Clemens HUGE contracts and will have alot of money to spend. Drayton likes hometown hero types and will pay for it. It sells tickets.

Dunn wants to play in Houston. Houston only needs to be close to sign him. They will make him a very wealthy man for a very long time.
    Rabid Astros Fan !

Turn Off Ads?