Thread: Any DC area posters...

Re: Any DC area posters...

:notworthy
    Makes all the routine posts.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Man
    A few additional notes, based on what others have
    Hehe, I ate at Ben's last night. I'm still tasting the chili...

Lauriol Plaza is great too...as is Cactus Cantina in tenleytown, if you're looking for tasty Mexican.

*I agree with registerthis' assessment that Old Town Alexandria is great, but unless you are staying in South Arlington or Alexandria, you may want to do something different. It is very difficult for out-of-towners to traverse the maze of roads around the Pentagon,
    Actually, I find that getting to Old Town is fairly straightforward if you take the GW parkway, it puts you right into the heart of Alexandria. Going through the Pentagon/Crystal City area can be challenging, though.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Re: Any DC area posters.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. We're going to try a few of them. Just tn 8 hours of mind numbing high geek factor meetings, so alchohol
    is high on the list tonight. This hotel keyboard sticks, so I'm out. Thanks again.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

I'm going to Omaha, NE for the next 3 days. Any suggestions for that area? I didn't think so. *sigh*

GL

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong
    I'm going to Omaha, NE for the next 3 days. Any suggestions for that area? I didn't think so. *sigh*

GL
    Normally I would say stay warm, but looking at their 10 day, it looks as though their temps/forecast will comparbale to ours.

Quote Originally Posted by dman
    Normally I would say stay warm, but looking at their 10 day, it looks as though their temps/forecast will comparbale to ours.
    Yup, noticed that too. Great.

Layover in O'Hare on the way there and on the way back. I wonder what the chances of getting stranded in CHI are.

GL

Yup, noticed that too. Great.

Layover in O'Hare on the way there and on the way back. I wonder what the chances of getting stranded in CHI are.

GL
    Depending on what airline your flying on, they're usually pretty good for layovers at O'Hare without the weather. Hate to think of what will happen with bad weather.

Flying United.

They have a great McDonald's over by the Holiday Inn.

And if you like to ride those mechanical bulls, there's this bar called Rustlers, or Cowboy's or something like that. Don't forget to wear your hat!

Makes all the routine posts.

Turn Off Ads?