Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Beer

WAGS

Re: Favorite Beer

shiner bock

2. Turn Off Ads?

I've never had it and hopefully there's someone on here that can give me a review of it, but Blithering Idiot is by far the best name for beer.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild View Post
    shiner bock
    Good stuff.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

This thread brings back great memories.

Keystone & Natty Light got me thru college just fine. I saw a case for sale the other night when I stopped to get some gas - 18 pack of Keystone for $8 bucks. It was a solid $5 when I was in school. And it went down like pure mountain water.

Ahh..for the days when I'd be trying to get rip roaring drunk everytime I put a beer to my lips.

Nowadays I want real taste. So I can be a bit of a beer snob. The A's Spring Training this year finally starting serving Sierra Nevada & Fat Tire - which I must say - is the best idea in the history of man.

But you'll never hear me turn down an ice cold Coors or Bud when I'm out with the guys or at a ballgame.

So I understand the sentiment GIK

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    I've never had it and hopefully there's someone on here that can give me a review of it, but Blithering Idiot is by far the best name for beer.
    A friend from Montana brought me some locally brewed beer called "Moose Drool".

Still my favorite Beer name, although I wasn't all that impressed with the beer itself.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    Fat Tire
    I second this. Highly recommended. Too bad it isn't sold east of the Mississippi AFAIK.

Is anyone on the board an IPA fan?

I liken it to Guiness and other stouts - sometimes they sound great, other times...not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    I second this. Highly recommended. Too bad it isn't sold east of the Mississippi AFAIK.
    paint - maybe we can work out a case or two shipped your way in exchange for some Dragons or Reds swag

Moose Drool and Fat Tire are both excellent. I haven't had either since I moved from WA to MI. Bummer.

paint - maybe we can work out a case or two shipped your way in exchange for some Dragons or Reds swag
    Now we're talking.

Quote Originally Posted by GIK View Post
    Say what you will, but sometimes a cold PBR just tastes spot-on. Like right now.
    I drank so much PBR while I was living in Chicago that I think part of it is still occupying a small portion of my brain. There was a bar down the street from me that sold it in cans for a quarter on Monday-Wednesday. A quarter. And cans were never more than two dollars anywhere.

It's not a bad-tasting beer. It's not flavorful, but it doesn't taste bad. You know, I consider myself something of a beer snob, but I'll drink Budweiser or PBR especially when money is tight, and they're totally fine. The one thing I will not drink is light beer. All light beer tastes like water to me. Disgusting. I also think that drinking light beer is a indication of self-loathing and an inability to embrace all of the good things in life, but that may be just me.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I drank so much PBR while I was living in Chicago that I think part of it is still occupying a small portion of my brain.
    "A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it's the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members."
    "In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first."
    "In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weakest brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

"A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it's the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members."
    "In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first."
    "In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weakest brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers."
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I drank so much PBR while I was living in Chicago that I think part of it is still occupying a small portion of my brain. There was a bar down the street from me that sold it in cans for a quarter on Monday-Wednesday. A quarter. And cans were never more than two dollars anywhere.

It's not a bad-tasting beer. It's not flavorful, but it doesn't taste bad. You know, I consider myself something of a beer snob, but I'll drink Budweiser or PBR especially when money is tight, and they're totally fine. The one thing I will not drink is light beer. All light beer tastes like water to me. Disgusting. I also think that drinking light beer is a indication of self-loathing and an inability to embrace all of the good things in life, but that may be just me.
    PBR's too sweet for me. It's the Kool-Aid of beers.

Is anyone on the board an IPA fan?
    Pretty much what I drink 90% of the time, I like my Hops.

Bridgeport IPA is a fave.

Turn Off Ads?