Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Beer

Re: Favorite Beer

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

2. Turn Off Ads?

If I place a Guinness, Harp, Bass, or New Castle in front of you- you'll refuse?
    Only Harp, but beers from the other side of the pond tend to have craftmanship, mass produced beers here have none of that.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Only Harp, but beers from the other side of the pond tend to have craftmanship, mass produced beers here have none of that.
    mmm..a hoppy beer with some mellow undertones of sweat and elbow grease

This is where pedro and I do our Beer tasting

http://www.newoldlompoc.com/hhhousehome.html

This is where pedro and I do our Beer tasting

http://www.newoldlompoc.com/hhhousehome.html
    Here's where I do mine:

I'm the one holding the remote. Notice the pallette cleansing snacks. Gotta have a cleansed pallette to really capture the initial taste.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Gotta have a cleansed pallette to really capture the initial taste.
    Wasabi Funyons are great. BTW the greenery in the patio photos is all hops.

Worst thing about the joint is that the owner is from Pittsburgh... and therfore it's a Steelers bar.

BTW the greenery in the patio photos is all hops.
    The greenery in my photo is...crunk.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Here's where I do mine:

I'm the one holding the remote. Notice the pallette cleansing snacks. Gotta have a cleansed pallette to really capture the initial taste.
    Looks like me on a typical Saturday night.

So it's craft brew you like, not necessarily micro.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I guess I'm just not very picky. There are very few beers I won't drink. My favorite has always been free beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    So it's craft brew you like, not necessarily micro.
    True, I like my beer to have a deep taste, I'm not a fan of lagers, but if I have one I prefer German or Czech. I like stouts and porters alot too, but IPA has been the prefered type the past couple of years.

True, I like my beer to have a deep taste, I'm not a fan of lagers, but if I have one I prefer German or Czech. I like stouts and porters alot too, but IPA has been the prefered type the past couple of years.
    I'm a fan of flavor, but not hops. I prefer amber and brown ales. I can usually enjoy one porter or stout per sitting -- more than that and I stop liking it. A mild lager makes for a nice chaser to top off the evening. I don't like IPAs at all -- just too painful.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I don't like IPAs at all -- just too painful.
    Hops are the brie of the beer world, they can sit too deeply on your tongue for hours, a good example of death can be found in sucking down a mess of Terminal Gravity IPA.

They take their beer seriously here in the land of trees and water.

http://portlandbeer.org/

I too have considered myself a hop head for a few years now. I usually switch off between different brands once I tire of one or find another that I like better. The one I am on now is Bear Republics Racer5 http://www.bearrepublic.com/ourbeers.php.

However the best one I have ever had was a anniversary IPA made by Stone Brewery a couple of years back. It was so hoppy that you could taste the hops before the beer even got in your mouth, it was like the aroma jumped out of the beer and through your nose into your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by NoCalRed View Post
    I too have considered myself a hop head for a few years now. I usually switch off between different brands once I tire of one or find another that I like better. The one I am on now is Bear Republics Racer5 http://www.bearrepublic.com/ourbeers.php.

However the best one I have ever had was a anniversary IPA made by Stone Brewery a couple of years back. It was so hoppy that you could taste the hops before the beer even got in your mouth, it was like the aroma jumped out of the beer and through your nose into your mouth.
    Racer 5 rocks, big time I get that when in Oakland all the time.... Stone makes a the arrongant brand and yes, they are hoppy.

Turn Off Ads?