Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Beer

Re: Favorite Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Crash Davis
    When I was in Ireland, it seemed that everyone was drinking Guiness, Smithwicks & Murphy's.
    Kids, too?
    What a country.

Oh, and I have a friend from up north who laughs at the price of Leine's today. He said when he was young, it was like Hamms and Olde Style.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    White Castle to the Nile Crash Davis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck
    Kids, too?
    What a country.

Oh, and I have a friend from up north who laughs at the price of Leine's today. He said when he was young, it was like Hamms and Olde Style.
    Maybe like Burger Lite or Hudy in the parking lot of Elder High School...?

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

When I was in Ireland last there was a beer there called Wanker and each bottle had a woman on the label. I can't tell you what it tastes like since I don't drink, but I found the name somewhat interesting, given the meaning of the word "wanker." I found out later that it's actually brewed in the U.S.

Fuller's ESB is the finest beer in the world as far as I'm concerned, but it's hard to get in this hemisphere.

Of what I can get on a regular basis, Sammy lager makes me all warm and happy inside. Harpoon and Red Hook are good out of the bottle too. Yuengling's got a solid product line (don't forget the porter).

Stroh's was always my favorite garbage beer, though I might drink nothing but Mickey's if I could find the old peel-off widemouths. Those little green barrel bottles were adorable and ideal for sharing some suds with your dog. The threading required for the twist-off widemouths ruined it.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Stroh's was always my favorite garbage beer,
    It's Fire Brewed.... Fullers is my favorite english ale.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    It's Fire Brewed.... Fullers is my favorite english ale.
    "Fire-brewed for our Connecticut friends" as the stencilled mirror at a place called the Brass Jail in Danbury, CT used to proclaim.

There's actually a few places in Boston with Fuller's on tap. Just to plant that seed.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Fuller's ESB is the finest beer in the world as far as I'm concerned, but it's hard to get in this hemisphere.
    Fuller's ESB is tremendous, as are most of their beers. My favorite widely available American beer is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. My favorite import is harder to narrow down; I tend to go for flavorful English drinks, especially IPAs. When it comes to cheap beer, nothing beats Iron City.

My favorite widely available American beer is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
    That is the Micro that changed it all on the west coast, it really grew in the late 80's and was a flower amongst the weeds.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    That is the Micro that changed it all on the west coast, it really grew in the late 80's and was a flower amongst the weeds.
    one of my favorties. especially in the summer.
    School's out. What did you expect?

I gave up drinking....

in bed. I like Schlitz; it's good with hot dogs.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Nothing like an Old Style at Wrigley(especially if you want to sleep alone later or the next two days)

Seriously though I will always take a Heineken from a tap.

I love Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. I love Harp too. Lately I've been drinking Christian Morelein. Good beer and they are a sponsor of our vintage base ball teams. I like Newcastle and Warsteiner too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Newcastle
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

that cherry wheat sammy adams is real good stuff. i drink the boston lager mostly. my fav is a beer i discovered in cooperstown,ny. michael shea's pub style lager. i can't find it anymore around here.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Fuller's is one of my favorite English Ales, but nothing beats real cask-conditioned English ale from a pub.

Favorite Local Beer

Favorite Lager

Unfortunately, I was down in Cincinnati this weekend and couldn't find one of my favorite cheap beers. Is Wiedemann's no longer available?

Turn Off Ads?