Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Beer

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Re: Favorite Beer

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan
    Evidently there are plans over the holidays to see if we still have it in us. Personally, I'm not at all optimistic and fully expect to be smacked in the face with the reality that the glory days of youth have long since passed me by. But I digress.)
    Bonged my first beers in 10+ years at an OSU away game. Its like riding a bike ... you can fall down if you aren't paying attention.

You can do a couple, just don't think your going to do the volumen and frequency of days gone by, or days will go by before you recover.

Its a truely foolish endeavour - have fun.

GL

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck
    And that brings up another topic, DRIVE THROUGHS- best invention anywhere. Are there other places that have them like Cincinnati?
    There's one place in Atlanta where you can drive up to a side window, but other than that I've never seen a drive through anywhere else, especially not in the quansom hut style that they have in Ohio. It's really too bad, those places rock.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    Fuller's is one of my favorite English Ales, but nothing beats real cask-conditioned English ale from a pub.

Unfortunately, I was down in Cincinnati this weekend and couldn't find one of my favorite cheap beers. Is Wiedemann's no longer available?
    I know Wiedemann's is still available at area Krogers, and I agree, it is a good cheap beer (esp. for us college kids).

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs23
    I know Wiedemann's is still available at area Krogers, and I agree, it is a good cheap beer (esp. for us college kids).
    I have 100s and 100s of different beers. The only two I won't drink are Wiedemans and Olympia.

Its not like I am a beer snob either. I'll glady down Milwaukee Best, Coors, Budweiser, Busch Light, etc. Granted its been 15 years since I tried either, but I couldn't choke those two down.

Anchor Steam is probably my all time favorite, though any beer around a campfire is a good beer.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong
    I have 100s and 100s of different beers. The only two I won't drink are Wiedemans and Olympia.

Its not like I am a beer snob either. I'll glady down Milwaukee Best, Coors, Budweiser, Busch Light, etc. Granted its been 15 years since I tried either, but I couldn't choke those two down.

Anchor Steam is probably my all time favorite, though any beer around a campfire is a good beer.

GL
    "It's in the Water"

The only question is "What is it" ?

My list is way longer, but the one I won't touch is "Old Dutch"

Budweiser has so many chemicals in it that it gives me the worst hangover, I try not to drink any beer that comes from a can, green bottle or clear bottle.

Christmas Ales are big in the Micro Brew world, I enjo Anchor Steam's teh most, and Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale, Jubelale from Deschutes Brewery in Bend Oregon... in fact all their beers are pretty damn good, especially Mirror Pond Pale Ale.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    "It's in the Water"

The only question is "What is it" ?
    It's made by Artesians.

Piels might be the worst beer ever.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Stroh's was always my favorite garbage beer, though I might drink nothing but Mickey's if I could find the old peel-off widemouths. Those little green barrel bottles were adorable and ideal for sharing some suds with your dog. The threading required for the twist-off widemouths ruined it.
    Did these used to be referred to as "hand grenades" by any chance?

Was visiting my cousin years ago and snuck into a bar by showing the guy at the door my real ID. He didn't even look at it, just handed it back and sent us in. I was 19 but I had to look all of 14 or so back then.

We just gorged on widemouths that entire evening.

As fate would have it I now live pretty close to that place, might have to stop by and see if they still have widemouths. Sounds like they won't be the peel-offs but it'd be a bit nostalgic to return to the "scene of the crime".

You must be about my age (36). Do you remember Little Kings being all the rage in the late 80's for a bit? We drank quite a bit of Strohs and Old Milwaukee back then.

GL

Do you remember Little Kings being all the rage in the late 80's for a bit?
    They had brief nationwide interest... but in the 70's the Little Kings was the standard beer you'd get if you didn't want lager.

I drank an 8 pack from Mariemont to the Colisieum on our way to see Springsteen in 1981 or so.... ughhhh

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck
    Are they still serving german food? I know that when the owners retired, they passed the place on to their daughter (Christy). But I was under the impression that the old, traditional fare was being phased out.

Anyway, ditto on Moerlein. I have been drinking it since it came out in the early 80s and I make my dad bring a case whenever he visits me. And that brings up another topic, DRIVE THROUGHS- best invention anywhere. Are there other places that have them like Cincinnati?

Leinhardt's is still open.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    There's one place in Atlanta where you can drive up to a side window, but other than that I've never seen a drive through anywhere else, especially not in the quansom hut style that they have in Ohio. It's really too bad, those places rock.
    I have seen the drive up window in Cody, WY before, but never the drive throughs like in Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    My list is way longer, but the one I won't touch is "Old Dutch"
    Me too!

Can that even be ranked as beer?

My Dad, who was the connoisseur of cheap beer (he loved Blatz), once bought a beer called Cook's. Nothing but water.

Budweiser has so many chemicals in it that it gives me the worst hangover, I try not to drink any beer that comes from a can, green bottle or clear bottle.
    I can't stand beer in a can. Now I have drank beer while in the can though.

I like Calhoun's Restaurant and Brewery. They have one in the Smokies. Whenever I go down there I always bring some back.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    If, by cheap, you mean buying you and I beers all throughout the game, then yes, the dues are cheap.
    Well...plebs do have to go through an initiation period.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Can that even be ranked as beer?
    We got a case of long necks for $10 bucks in Ashland, it was the worst stuff ever... the Moxie of Beer.

Turn Off Ads?