Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Teixeira avoids arbitration

Teixeira avoids arbitration

Teixeira Agrees to $15.4M Deal With Texas
    AP - 6 minutes ago

ARLINGTON, Texas - All-Star first baseman Mark Teixeira agreed to a $15.4 million, two-year contract Tuesday with the Texas Rangers, avoiding salary arbitration this year and next.

Good move on the part of the Rangers. Why didn't the Reds do that with Dunn I will never know

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Teixeira avoids arbitration

It will be interesting to see what this means to Dunn's case. I would think the two are similar players (with Teixeira having better offensive numbers last year and being a superior fielder). If the Reds could sign Dunn for the same or similar numbers, you would think they should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelonda
    It will be interesting to see what this means to Dunn's case. I would think the two are similar players (with Teixeira having better offensive numbers last year and being a superior fielder). If the Reds could sign Dunn for the same or similar numbers, you would think they should do it.
    Absolutely.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Hopefully its not just wishful thinking, but what I expect is something to get done once the new owners in place. Surely they see his meal ticket potential. In conjunction, they can go on a PR campaign to convince Reds fandom that strikeouts don't matter to help increase his meal ticket value.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Hopefully its not just wishful thinking, but what I expect is something to get done once the new owners in place. Surely they see his meal ticket potential. In conjunction, they can go on a PR campaign to convince Reds fandom that strikeouts don't matter to help increase his meal ticket value.
    I think we might start seeing players locked up once new ownership is in place as well. Time will tell though. Because Tex and Dunn are similar .. I think Dunn might be a steal at 30.8 Million for 4 years (If you take Teixeiras contract and multiply it by 2). I'd even be happy at signing him to something like 40-45 Million over 4 years. Remember these new owners coming in had to have some say in Pujols contract, being former Cardinals Higher Ups and all.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wheelonda
    Dunn is one "class ahead" of Teix. in service time. Note that Teixeira is getting $9.4 in 2007 (the second year of his recently-signed deal)

I think this is the instructive number.

It makes Dunn's request for less than $9 million to look reasonable. Both players have nearly identical OPS', Dunn's more weighted toward OBP, Teix's more toward SLG.

Because arbitrators consider batting average to be important, and because of Teix's RBIs, they'll find him to be the superior player. But not by much.
    Stick to your guns.

Turn Off Ads?