Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prayers needed for LF

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Re: Prayers needed for LF

We all wish nothing but the best for you, Brad.

You have overcome so much in the past. This is just one more bump in the road. Hang in there.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Could someone enlighten us as to what Brad's going through exactly? I've had the pleasure of meeting him at a gathering back when I lived in Cincinnati, but I never found out about the health problems until later.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott
    Could someone enlighten us as to what Brad's going through exactly? I've had the pleasure of meeting him at a gathering back when I lived in Cincinnati, but I never found out about the health problems until later.

He would never tell you, Doc. He isn't the type to complain.

He's in the hospital now for recurring severe headaches, and as I understand it, the result of an infection that they haven't been able to track down. He had to drop out of school this semester they were so bad and non-stop. They've been running a lot of tests, and he expects to be in the hospital through the weekend now.

I talked to him tonight, and he sounded like he was in a lot of pain, but he never complains. He's been through a lot in his young life, more than I could ever imagine.

Regardless of your religious or spiritual persuasion, please say a prayer or think good thoughts for Brad. He wants to be a doctor. The entire focus of his life is to help other people. He's been knocked down over and over again with health problems, and he keeps getting back up, and never, ever complains. He just wants a chance in life to help people, to have a chance at a normal life.

Being a man has nothing to do with age. It's about how you handle the cards you're dealt. I hope I can be half the man Brad is.

I'm so very, very proud to know him and to call him a friend.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

My thoughts are with you, LF. Keep hanging tough!
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Get well, LF. I will be looking forward to your return to Redzone.

What is LF's full username?

And best wishes. See ya back here soon.

Larkin Fan

Rem

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Get well soon. May you find some relief and some answers.
    Stick to your guns.

Any update on how Brad is doing?

I hope there's some good news.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

He posted yesterday on the peanut board that he was home now and they think they have found what's been causing all the trouble.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    He posted yesterday on the peanut board that he was home now and they think they have found what's been causing all the trouble.
    I hope it's not the pitching, 'cause that's not likely to get better any time soon. Get better, LF!
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck
    I hope it's not the pitching, 'cause that's not likely to get better any time soon.

Good news about LF!
    Makes all the routine posts.

"A Rose by Any Other. . " RedRoser's Avatar

Just now (Christmas Eve) read this thread. Sorry for not knowing earlier and Best Wishes Larkin Fan! If we can ever do anything for Brad, somebody on here let us know, because, well, he just doesn't seem the type that would ask himself!

Merry Christmas and Happy 2006 LF! Get yourself well, my friend, 'cause the season's just around the bend!
    Meanwhile, you'll certainly be in our prayers here at the 'Roser household.

---RedRoser
    Last edited by RedRoser; 12-24-2005 at 06:19 PM.

Praying for him too. I used to post with him a lot on the music threads, and he always came across as a really good guy.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Hang in there LF.

GL

Turn Off Ads?