Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Hard Alcohol?

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Favorite Hard Alcohol?

Just so we are not exclusive only to beer drinkers, here is a chance for those who enjoy the hard stuff to let your voices be heard.

My personal preference - bourbon, and maybe whiskey from time to time.

Can't beat Maker's Mark, although Knob Creek lately has been sneaking into the old cupboard.

Crown Royal is also a long time fav.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Favorite Hard Alcohol?

Everclear (with jungle juice)... jose cuervo, or any kind of vodka

n/a

Favorite type is Scotch.
    My favorite single malt is Lagavulin. I have not had a finer whiskey, but I am open to suggestions. When I want a lighter malt, I like Oban or Glenlivet.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread
    Favorite type is Scotch.
    My favorite single malt is Lagavulin. I have not had a finer whiskey, but I am open to suggestions. When I want a lighter malt, I like Oban or Glenlivet.
    I'd have to agree with the scotch. Lagavulin is one of my favorites, but so is Craggonmore and Laphroig. Beyond Scotch - I'd have to say Bombay Sapphire gin works pretty well for me.
    Thank goodness for baseball.

Tequila. Cuervo is pretty good, but I've had $10 shots of other brands that were just beautiful. Then I saw friendly, talking coyotes who told me to burn things.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Cuervo. But you have to add a little tabasco sauce to it. I gave it up years ago. Too many lost memories.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Vodka
    School's out. What did you expect?

Cuervo. But you have to add a little tabasco sauce to it.
    A Prairie Fire? Ugh! I had one on my 30th birthday. I couldn't even smell tequila for about 6 months afterwards without thinking of that nightmarish shot.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

A long time ago a buddy and me were in a bar in Vincennes, Indians drinking prairie fires. He kinda gagged on one and spit it back in the shot glass. He set it on the bar and looked pretty bad. There was phlegm floating on top of it. I called it later a hocker slammer. An old lady was sitting there and she said "If you don't want it I, I'll drink it!" and slammed it down, hocker and all.

We left.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by 919191
    A long time ago a buddy and me were in a bar in Vincennes, Indians drinking prairie fires. He kinda gagged on one and spit it back in the shot glass. He set it on the bar and looked pretty bad. There was phlegm floating on top of it. I called it later a hocker slammer. An old lady was sitting there and she said "If you don't want it I, I'll drink it!" and slammed it down, hocker and all.

We left.
    My friends took me out drinking on my 21st birthday to a dive bar in South Carolina.

When informed of this, the bartender told me I had to start off the night with a shot of "Buffalo Sweat"

After agreeing for reasons beyond my comprehension, I watched the bartender take out 151 proof rum and fill half a double shot glass with it. then he took the dirty bar rag sitting right in front of me and squeezed the juice out into the shot glass and forced me to down it.

Yeah - let's say I was phoning some dinosaurs that evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    A Prairie Fire? Ugh! I had one on my 30th birthday. I couldn't even smell tequila for about 6 months afterwards without thinking of that nightmarish shot.
    There is a little bar in Nogales, Mexico called Senior Amigos which has Prarie Fire as one of their treats.

However, theirs is done with a nice twist.

You put on a helmet first of all, and a bar employee forces the shot down your throat, then takes your head and shakes it violently from right to left and back and forth.

Then, a friend of yours sitting nearby, will take a rubber mallet that the same employee handed them moments before cramming a shot down your throat, will take that mallet and bash your helmeted head a few times for good measure.

And yes, people paid good money for this treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    Can't beat Maker's Mark, although Knob Creek lately has been sneaking into the old cupboard.
    Me likely the Knob Creek, neat.
    Last edited by M2; 12-13-2005 at 01:41 AM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Vodka

Favorite cocktail is a caucasian (aka white russian).

1/3 vodka
    1/3 kahlua
    1/3 half & half

Enjoy!
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    There is a little bar in Nogales, Mexico called Senior Amigos which has Prarie Fire as one of their treats.

However, theirs is done with a nice twist.

You put on a helmet first of all, and a bar employee forces the shot down your throat, then takes your head and shakes it violently from right to left and back and forth.

Then, a friend of yours sitting nearby, will take a rubber mallet that the same employee handed them moments before cramming a shot down your throat, will take that mallet and bash your helmeted head a few times for good measure.

And yes, people paid good money for this treatment.
    I bet they hope their liability insurance guy doesn't read this.
    -Todd Snider

Turn Off Ads?