Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Hard Alcohol?

Re: Favorite Hard Alcohol?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    I can't even smell liquor. (Yes, vodka and gin smell.)

The year was 1980. Mom was out of town. The game was Monopoly ..... the reward or penalty for various play was a shot of Jack Daniels.

I have not indulged in any straight liquor other than tequila since that fateful evening.
    I was 18 and played "quarters" with some Crown Royal, I remember face planting on the street, but the next thing I remember was waking up with my face stuck to the pillow, because 1/2 my face was road rash.

Haven't been a fan of hard stuff much since.

Though I'll take a top shelf Vodka and a glass of ice water mixed. We call it the anti-beer.
    Last edited by westofyou; 12-13-2005 at 10:17 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I once drank a fifth of vodka and a bottle of boone's farm while watching Dances with wolves in Wildflecken Germany.

Aftershock once made me jump into a fire.

I <3 liquor, but it doesn't <3 me.

I'm a gin man, myself. Beefeater is my fave, although I do enjoy Tanqueray and Bombay.

I was good buddies with Jack Daniels for awhile, until he turned on me and made me sick after I had waaay too much one night. Now I stray from him.

Jager is also quite delicious.

Vodka. Ketel One or Grey Goose. Or Smirnoff. Or Absolut in a pinch.
    Makes all the routine posts.

I'm the designated driver when it comes to hard liquor.

Although - a little Southern Comfort, Lemon & some honey sure used to cure my sore throats and nasal infections.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong
    5th of Vodka
    2 Lemonade concentrates
    12 pack of Beer

In college, we called that "Hop, Skip, and go Naked". If you are drinking this little old mix, you have to be careful, it can REALLY sneak up on you.

I thought this had disappeared for awhile, however, I found some at an OSU tailgate at Indiana this year. Still a nice little drink with the ladies seeming to be fond of it.

GL
    I'll have to try that, sounds kinda gross though. Do you mostly just taste the lemonade?

My favorite (for those of you Christmas shopping):

Jameson (12 year old)

God invented whiskey to keep the irish from conquering the world (and to keep my family gatherings tolerable).
    Last edited by SunDeck; 12-13-2005 at 01:33 PM.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    My friends took me out drinking on my 21st birthday to a dive bar in South Carolina.

When informed of this, the bartender told me I had to start off the night with a shot of "Buffalo Sweat"

After agreeing for reasons beyond my comprehension, I watched the bartender take out 151 proof rum and fill half a double shot glass with it. then he took the dirty bar rag sitting right in front of me and squeezed the juice out into the shot glass and forced me to down it.

Yeah - let's say I was phoning some dinosaurs that evening.
    I once had a bull sweat at a bar called Bulls in San Louis Obispo, CA. The most awful thing I have ever put in my body. It was a double shot, with equal parts 151, Jack, Tabasco Sauce, and Worchestishire Sauce.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Crown Royal is the only hard stuff I take.

The fact that this whiskey is made just 50 miles north of where I live also has something to do with it. :
    From the website:

5. Where is Crown Royal® made?

Crown Royal whisky is distilled in Gimli, Canada at the Gimli Distillery. Located on the western shore of Lake Winnipeg in Manitoba, Gimli has the natural resources that are key to making Crown Royal's perfect blend. Natural local grains, a pure water source and a climate that supports the distilling process all come together to contribute to the smoothness and quality of this excellent whisky.

Gimli, Canada was named one of the most livable communities in the world and is recognized as one of the 20 great places to live in Canada. Gimli is an ideal lakefront setting, and boasts countless outdoor and cultural activities. In Gimli, the Crown Royal distillery produces enough whisky to fill 1,000 barrels each day.
    So when the Bengals officially lock up the division this week, you know what I will be celebrating with!

Jim Beam
    Let's make some noise!

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron
    So when the Bengals officially lock up the division this week, you know what I will be celebrating with!
    kleenex???
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Vår Best Mead.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig
    I'll have to try that, sounds kinda gross though. Do you mostly just taste the lemonade?
    Its been awhile, but I think its about 80% lemonade and 20% beer flavored.

It sounds gross, no doubt, but the large majority of people like it just fine.

GL

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

I have had many long talks with Mr. Jim Beam. Like it mixed with Ginger Ale.

Favorite college drink we would make: Naval Destroyer - Peach Flavored Vodka, Orange Soda.

And we had one called a Lick My Love Pump (for the spinal tap fans) but cant remember what was in it (it was a frozen drink IRRC).
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

WAGS

crown
    everclear
    seagrams 7 (harsh but it gets the job done)
    any cheap vodka

in that order

Turn Off Ads?