Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Zango?

Zango?

OK, this mysterious new thing has appeared on my computer... Zango.

In addition to the sites I visit, it appears to bring up an additional window offering similar sites for my perusal. I've also noticed that it has taken over my Address bar... the website address no longer appears there. I don't particularly like that and will it affect me being able to send links to others using the "Send a Link" feature? I also don't like the fact that I can't just Copy and Paste a link in email and Redszone posts.

So, my question to those of you in the know, is this Zango a good thing or a bad thing? Where did it come from? And how do I get rid of it should I choose to do so?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Zango?

Even after reading that, I still don't know if it's good or bad.

It's kind of nice having additional opportunities provided, but I hate that it cancels out web addresses in my Address bar.

And it still doesn't answer the question of "how did it get there in the first place".

Looks like if you uninstall it, bad things can happen to your computer. Looks like a hard core take over.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Depends on scripts (help techies) that are running behind the webpages that you bring up -

Plus, with Windows XP - my version has a pop-up blocker while my anti-virus runs.

I also run Spybot-Search & Destroy. That removes some the registry keys that might damage your computer when you un-install some of the crap that gets loaded.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

I would recommend running Search and Destroy and MS Anti Spyware, both with updated definitions. Those programs should be able to determine if it's bad or not.

Zango is like MSN Messenger, AIM, and Yahoo! Messenger all in one, but when that gets downloaded the Zango program has "helping" search engines, they havent put any viruses on my computer, but it is very annoying.
    Let's make some noise!

Turn Off Ads?