Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: any1 else hear marty on furman's show

any1 else hear marty on furman's show

what was that all about--marty grilled andy over andy's interview with sean casey-casey made reference to this being a salary dump and marty was upset that andy didn't challenge that remark-marty proceeded to use some rather hateful language and was rippin andy left and right?!?!?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: any1 else hear marty on furman's show

I'm still not sure where it came from....that was, well, odd....

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    Transcript us Matt

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Hell, he should be ripping Furball instead of me and Pedro.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

I don't have time to give a full transcript, but here's basically what happened.

Andy had on Sean Casey for an interview, to get his view on the trade, get his thoughts on going home, etc. Nothing controversal, nothing "edgy", just a basic final goodbye for Sean.

At one point, Andy basically asked him about the trade. Sean felt (his opinion) that it may have been a salary dump. He also mentioned he would have been willing to take a pay cut to stay here, but was never considered by the organization, and basically when they called him to let him know he's been traded, it was more or less, "your traded. good luck." There was other stuff in the interview, but not important to the thread.

After the interview, Marty called to talk to Andy off the air. Andy asked Marty if he wanted to come on, and Marty said yes.

Marty came on to question Andy's interview. He said he was "pissed off" that he didn't question Sean about his salary dump because it clearly wasn't a salary dump, since the Reds tried to use that money to sign Matt Morris. Andy said, as his guest, he is going to let Sean Casey express his opinion, and that wasn't the point of the interview. Marty got pretty heated about it and ripped Andy pretty good for not questioning what Casey said.

I'm still kind of in shock of the whole thing....

ok, who stole Marty's body?

There's a lot suspects to be sure.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Marty's got man-love for Dan O'Brien.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

I'm sure we'll hear it repeated on Jim Scott's show and Willie's as well.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

The statement above pretty much summarizes how most sports fans feel about Andy Furman's tired act in general.

Marty should have known better. He gave the village idiot credibility.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

yeah, Willie is drooling over what he can whip up tomorrow.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

At one point, Andy basically asked him about the trade. Sean felt (his opinion) that it may have been a salary dump. He also mentioned he would have been willing to take a pay cut to stay here, but was never considered by the organization, and basically when they called him to let him know he's been traded, it was more or less, "your traded. good luck." There was other stuff in the interview, but not important to the thread.
    I've no doubt he means that, but I can only imagine the reaction that suggestion would get if it was broached to the union.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Somewhere else, Casey mentioned he would have re-signed with the Reds at a lower salary after this year. I suspect that's the "pay cut" referred to.

That's what it was....my bad, this was all from the top of my head

Quote Originally Posted by dougflynn23
    The statement above pretty much summarizes how most sports fans feel about Andy Furman's tired act in general.

Marty should have known better. He gave the village idiot credibility.
    In this particular instance, it sounds like Furman is the wronged party. [who would have ever thunk that I would say that?]
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Marty is another of those who have had their day. Thair act is old, and time has come for a fresh face/voice to be the "Voice Of The Reds". He has done the job, for the most part, pretty well. On the other hand when you've been at it so long like he has, you then feel your on God status and it should be only your opinion that counts. I know this gets said a lot, but Marty should go, and tonight is just another putrid example of that.

Turn Off Ads?