Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Playoff QB ?

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Playoff QB ?

OK, I finished the regular season in 1st in my FFL, but lost my starting QB (Bulger). So, wh do I go with this week: Warner, Bledsoe, Big Ben?

Im leaning towards Warner.....but dont feel comfortable.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Playoff QB ?

Gotta go with Warner against HOU's defense. I know its a little nerve wracking, but Warner has actually been pretty good the last couple weeks. He should have no problem putting up numbers against HOU. If he fails, it wasn't meant to be.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8
    OK, I finished the regular season in 1st in my FFL, but lost my starting QB (Bulger). So, wh do I go with this week: Warner, Bledsoe, Big Ben?

Im leaning towards Warner.....but dont feel comfortable.
    Warner for sure, go back and check out his yardage numbers in all the games he starter this year. I think I saw where he's averaging like 300+ yards per start.

Houston is horrible, I mean damn, Kyle Boller threw for 200 yards against them.

Passing teams that have played Houston and their yardage:

St Louis (Fitzpatrick btw) - 310 yards, 3 TDs
    Indy - 297 yards, 3 TDs & 237 yards, 2 TDs
    Kansas City - 220 yards 3 TDs (Johnson ran for 211)
    Pitts - 254 yards, 3 TDs

Warner will go for at least 275 and 2 TDs, with the possibility of a crazy game.

I'd go in this order
    Warner
    Big Ben
    Bledsoe

I'd go Warner myself.

Here's my own playoff QB/who to start ...

Drew Brees @ Indy
    Eli Manning vs. Kansas City
    Big Ben @ Minnesota

Leaning on Brees, but am also considering Manning. Thoughts?
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792
    Manning could end up in a shootout, but he's been pretty bad the last few weeks. Brees may be playing catch-up and should put up numbers that at the very least match Eli's.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792
    I would also start Brees. Colts D is vulnerable against teams that can both run and pass (see Bengals) and SD can do both pretty well.

LT + Gates + Brees > Colts D

Should be a big fantasy week for all 3 Chargers.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33
    I would also start Brees. Colts D is vulnerable against teams that can both run and pass (see Bengals) and SD can do both pretty well.

LT + Gates + Brees > Colts D

Should be a big fantasy week for all 3 Chargers.
    That could be a good and bad thing for me at the same time. It's looking like I'll be starting Brees, and I do also have Gates, however, my opponent has LT so it'll definitely be interesting!

Thanks for the opinions, Buckeye and NJReds!

Sounds like you've made your decision. But here's an update on Eli...he's has two starting offensive lineman listed as questionable: Kareem McKenzie and Luke Pettigout. Sounds like neither will play.

While the Chiefs secondary plays at an 8th Grade level, their pass rush is pretty good. Unfortunately, they can't really deal with pass-catching RBs. I'll bet Barber will get about 100 yds receiving and so will Burress. Either Manning or Brees would be a good start.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

The Chiefs give up close to 300 passing yards per game- this is a no-brainer to me: play Manning.

Bledsoe looked like Carson Palmer out there against them last week.

Big Ben vs. Plummer? Thoughts.

Big Ben would be an easy choice were it not for his injury. The only position I've struggled with this season is QB because of Ben's injuries. The first 4 games before his first injury, he was one of the top QBs in our FFL. Since he started with the injuries, I just couldn't rely on him. And Plummer has done his inevitable fall back to reality. It's a good thing I have Chad Johnson at receiver, Larry Johnson at RB, Jeremy Shockey at TE, and Seattle's defense. All should have big weeks this week.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Well, I left Manning on the bench and he won't score very well in the fantasy leagues. If Brees can't put up better numbers than Eli then I don't deserve to win anyway (and probably won't).

Turn Off Ads?