Turn Off Ads?

Thread: QB-Who to start?

QB-Who to start?

Roethlisberger vs. Minnesota
    Garrard vs. San Francisco
    or McNair vs. Seattle

Who would you go with this week?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: QB-Who to start?

Probably Garrard due to the fact that he's playing SF.

I would go with Garrard. He's been pretty solid in his two starts, including a nice fantasy performace against a tough Indy D last week. He should be able to have a really nice day against a weak SF defense. Good luck.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I'd play Roethlisberger.

Garrard vs the worst defense in the NFL.

I'm not too keen on Garrard.

I'd go with
    McNair
    Ben
    Garrard

But Garrard very well could light up SF's D.

Garrard.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Okay, championship game...

I had Collins, but he got benched
    I had Warner, but he got hurt...

So here's what I'm looking at this week:
    Boller v. Minnesota
    Martin v. San Francisco (if he starts...)
    McCown v. Philly

I'm leaning toward Martin if he starts, it'd be nice if the Rams would make a decision. Boller would be okay, except that I'm starting Jamal Lewis and Mark Clayton and I loathe starting three Ravens.

Ugh...doesn't help me either that three of my RBs are out or game-time decisions (W. Dunn, L. Jordan, D. Davis).

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds

Boller v. Minnesota
    McCown v. Philly

I'm leaning toward Martin if he starts, it'd be nice if the Rams would make a decision. Boller would be okay, except that I'm starting Jamal Lewis and Mark Clayton and I loathe starting three Ravens.

Ugh...doesn't help me either that three of my RBs are out or game-time decisions (W. Dunn, L. Jordan, D. Davis).
    I think Boller isn't an option because he played Monday night against a defeated team in GB. They simply quit.

Collins is now back as the starting QB in Oakland, and he should have to pass the ball 40+ times this weekend since Jordan is very doubtful to play. I like him over McCown. McCown isn't a horrible option however, since he as well will have to throw 40+ times and he'll have Boldin and Fitz t get the ball to.

St. Louis won't name a starter until gametime, but Martin is getting all the snaps with the 1's this week.

My ranking would go:

#1 - Collins
    #1a - McCown
    #2 - Martin
    #3 - Boller

Here are my semifinal dilemmas:

QB: Trent Green vs. San Diego OR Mark Brunell vs. the Giants

WR (start three): Santana Moss vs. the Giants, Jerry Porter @ Denver, Chris Chambers vs. Tennessee, Rod Smith vs. Oakland

I also have one RB/WR slot, so I will likely start all four WR's unless someone can convince me that Mewelde Moore (@ Baltimore) or Kevin Jones (questionable; @ the Saints) is a better option than my fourth receiver at that spot.

Dallas D @ Carolina OR Philadelphia D @ Arizona

Thanks for the help.

Boss

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds

Boller v. Minnesota
    McCown v. Philly

Take a bit of a chance and go with McCown - has two great WR's to throw to and is experienced, and has put big #'s in games previously - game is in Arizona and weather isn't a factor, Eagles are just playing out the string.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    Here are my semifinal dilemmas:

QB: Trent Green vs. San Diego OR Mark Brunell vs. the Giants

WR (start three): Santana Moss vs. the Giants, Jerry Porter @ Denver, Chris Chambers vs. Tennessee, Rod Smith vs. Oakland

I also have one RB/WR slot, so I will likely start all four WR's unless someone can convince me that Mewelde Moore (@ Baltimore) or Kevin Jones (questionable; @ the Saints) is a better option than my fourth receiver at that spot.

Dallas D @ Carolina OR Philadelphia D @ Arizona

Thanks for the help.

Boss

Go with Green at QB - he's hot right now - Brunell is solid this year but against the Giants DEF, I'd go with the more likely production from Green.

Can't go wrong with any of those 4 WR's this weekend - I'd probably go with Moss, Porter and Chambers.

Go with Philly's D against McCown (although he could put up some passing yards) and start that 4th WR, since your RB's are terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack
    Go with Green at QB - he's hot right now - Brunell is solid this year but against the Giants DEF, I'd go with the more likely production from Green.

Can't go wrong with any of those 4 WR's this weekend - I'd probably go with Moss, Porter and Chambers.

Go with Philly's D against McCown (although he could put up some passing yards) and start that 4th WR, since your RB's are terrible!
    Thanks for the advice. Just for clarification, those are my backup RB's - my starters are Larry Johnson and Rudi.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack
    Take a bit of a chance and go with McCown - has two great WR's to throw to and is experienced, and has put big #'s in games previously - game is in Arizona and weather isn't a factor, Eagles are just playing out the string.
    You were right...I went with Martin, but McCown outperformed.

Right now we're tied. I have Clayton (Bal-WR) and New England's D. He's got Cedric Houston (NYJ - RB) and J. Vilma (NYJ - D).

Turn Off Ads?