Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Is Hudephol still available?

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Is Hudephol still available?

My father in law grew up on Hudepohl and I'd like to pick up a case or two for him. Does anyone know where this can be purchased at in the Dayton area? If not in Dayton, how about in the Cincy area?

Thanks.

GL

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hudephol available

They still make it?
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

They don't make Hudepohl anymore.

I was upset that GABP didn't carry it, then I found out it was because they got bought out by someone.

Someone here told me about it, but I forget.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

thanks guys. dang.

GL

Naugy Red

The loss of the local Beers is a sad fact of life today. Just like the local Hardware Store. As a Boy I became a Red Fan listening to Waite Hoyt sell Burger Beer. He was the greatest Story teller ever and He would make rain delays some thing to look forward to with Stories of the old Yankees and pitch that ice cold Burger beer. and when the Reds went to another Beer as their main Sponsor Waite just couldn't continue. So He retired and Nobody Has or will ever be as good in this old Mans opinion and I loved Burger Beer because Waite said it was the best

Quote Originally Posted by Naugy Red
    The loss of the local Beers is a sad fact of life today. Just like the local Hardware Store. As a Boy I became a Red Fan listening to Waite Hoyt sell Burger Beer. He was the greatest Story teller ever and He would make rain delays some thing to look forward to with Stories of the old Yankees and pitch that ice cold Burger beer. and when the Reds went to another Beer as their main Sponsor Waite just couldn't continue. So He retired and Nobody Has or will ever be as good in this old Mans opinion and I loved Burger Beer because Waite said it was the best
    First post, and it's about beer.

I like you already, welcome to the board.

"Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Hudepohl is still around. At least it was last year. You WERE able to get it at local Krogers around Cincy. I also saw Lindner on TV in his box with a Hudy in hand.

Got this from the below link....

I'd like to clear up a few misconceptions about Hudepohl-Schoenling. Since I work there, I know the true story. This great old-line regional beer company has evolved a lot over the past few years. Like a lot of regional brewers being squeezed out by Bud and Miller, they've done what they had to just to survive. First, Hudepohl-Schoenling is not and never has been owned by Boston Beer Company or Jim Koch. H-S sold a Cincinnati brewery to Boston Beer in December 1996 because Anheuser-Busch was doing ads that poked fun at Jim Koch for not owning his own brewery. He needed one and a purchase took care of a lot of H-S overhead and probably prevented a bankruptsy. However, Boston Beer Co. never purchased the H-S company or its labels and formulas. H-S did continue to brew beer at the brewery under contract until that deal ended in May 2001. Although Hudepohl-Schoenling still has sales, marketing and shipping offices in Cincinnati, the company was forced to move production of its beers elsewhere because Boston Beer no longer had enough excess capacity to produce H-S beers in Cincinnati. Little Kings and all four of the Christian Moerlein brands are now brewed and bottled at Frederick Brewing Company in Frederick, Maryland. Hudepohl and Frederick are both owned by Snyder International Brewing Group. Hudy Delight and the recently re-packaged and re-formulated Burger Classic and Burger Light beers are now brewed and packaged under contract at the City Brewery in LaCrosse, Wisconsin (former home of Heileman Brewing Co.) It's also worth noting that H-S and its owners never owned the Devil Mountain brand of beer. H-S brewed Devil Mountain beers under contract for a few years in the mid-1990s for Seagrams Company, which actually owns the Devil Mountain brand and has since discontinued its production. Here's the product lineup for H-S as of September 2001: Christian Moerlein Select Lager (1998 World Champion Munich Helles) Christian Moerlein Honey Almond (1997 gold medal winner - WBC) Christian Moerlein Bock Beer Christian Moerlein Kolsch Ale Little Kings Cream Ale -this great little beer was recently re-formulated back to the original Little Kings formula, which was so popular and won three consecutive gold medals at the Great American Beer Festival. It's really good now if you haven't tried it for a while. Hudy Delight - Premium light beer with more flavor and body than any national brand of light beer. This one actually tastes great. Burger Classic - A full-calorie, fully krausened Bohemian beer. Burger Light - good clean light lager. As mentioned, Snyder Brewing Group also owns Frederick Brewing Co. (Wild Goose and Blue Ridge beers) and Crooked River Brewing Co. of Cleveland. Crooked River brews some great English-style ales and German lagers. Visit our breweries on-line at these addresses: www.LittleKings.com www.FredBrew.com www.CrookedRiver.com

http://www.pubcrawler.com/Template/R.../BrewerID=1998
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Unfortunately GAC, your information is a few years old. Snyder Intl. went under a few years back. Christian Moerlein lives on becasue local investors decided to purchase the trademarks and recipes to keep it alive. I never heard of what happened to the Hudy trademarks and recipes.

Re: Is Hudephol still available?

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong
    My father in law grew up on Hudepohl and I'd like to pick up a case or two for him. Does anyone know where this can be purchased at in the Dayton area? If not in Dayton, how about in the Cincy area?

Thanks.

GL
    And to think that todays kids have to wait till they are 21 to taste the sweet nectar of God. That is outrageous!
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    Unfortunately GAC, your information is a few years old. Snyder Intl. went under a few years back. Christian Moerlein lives on becasue local investors decided to purchase the trademarks and recipes to keep it alive. I never heard of what happened to the Hudy trademarks and recipes.
    When I came down to the Redszone gathering last year I was told by some of the other local Redszoners that you could still get it locally. Bummer.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?