Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Just when you think your wife doesn't pay attention to sports...

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Just when you think your wife doesn't pay attention to sports...

I was watching some NFL stuff on tv and just had the following conversation with my wife:

Mrs.: Do they what other teams are going to make the playoffs?

Me: Right now it's looking like the Bengals, Denver, New England, Indy...and the other spots are kind of up in the air right now.

Mrs.: So who would the Bengals play in the playoffs?

Me: That depends on what seed we end up with and what everyone else's record is.

Mrs.: Do they get to play any of them at home?

Me: If we win the division, we get a home game. Usually the team with the better record gets to play at home, so if we do well enough to play the Colts, we would have to play them in Indy.

Mrs.: So do the Bengals have a better record than New England?

Me: Yes, why?

Mrs.: It would be nice seeing them lose against the Bengals in Cincinnati. Corey Dillon deserves it because of his attitude.

I just smiled. Maybe she's coming around.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Just when you think your wife doesn't pay attention to sports...

meanwhile, in other news this evening, pigs are flying over the Cincinnati Mills Outlet Center today.....
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    meanwhile, in other news this evening, pigs are flying over the Cincinnati Mills Outlet Center today.....

My apologies ORH, I don't mean to hijack the thread but for some reason Heath's reply reminded me of this classic WKRP quote by Dr. Johnny Fever

"Thanks for that on-the-spot report, Les, and for those of you who just tuned in, the Pinedale Shopping Mall has just been bombed with live turkeys. Film at eleven"
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

WAGS

with time comes experiance

Turn Off Ads?